starting strength gym

Thread: dwayne's squat check

Default dwayne's squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi again Rip,

I've been meaning to get a form check up here for a while but have just got around to it. I recorded one of my sets of five a couple weeks ago with 325.

As I put in another post I sent out, I'm trying to work my way back up and past my last sticking point of 365X5, X4, X2 when I injured my left elbow/bicep and I have a large disparity between my squat and deadlift (with the latest deadlift being 475X5). So, the squat really needs to come up and in line with the deadlift.

Most recently, I have completed 350X5X3 and I'm getting close to my old stall point. I also reaggravated the injury a little when I did 340X5X3...which I can't afford to do again if I want to surpass the old sticking point.

I've really been concentrating on my elbows and getting them as high as I can (which is not very high at this point).

Please comment on my form overall and in particular what I can do to improve my elbow positioning.

Here's is the set:

Thanks,dwayne

These look fine to me. How high do you think your elbows are supposed to be?

This high:

Not everybody's shoulders and forearms work this way. Yours are fine since they're holding the bar up and allowing your t-spine to stay extended and tight.

Fun fact of the day; the lifter with the purple belt is AC.