starting strength gym

Thread: Heart Pains

Default Heart Pains

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    SS kicked my ass today. I was completely out of breath after every set and had to pause for a few seconds during Cleans. My respiratory system was really working.

Now, six and a half hours after my workout, my heart feels strange- I hesitate to even call it pain because it merely feels different from normal, and is only painful enough for me to have taken notice.

This is not the first time this happened so I'm not exactly afraid of having a heart attack right now, but if anyone (Especially Rip) would like to tell me how normal this is in weak trainees finally busting their asses it would doubtlessly make me feel better.

eamon

It is obviously not normal, and you need to get it checked immediately.

Dear Rippetoe.
    During powercleans today, my left arm went a bit numb. Now I can't see out of my right eye, and my hair has fallen out. Is this normal? Do I need to drink more milk?

I experienced similar "weird feeling" in chest occasionally over approximately a six month period. Slightly increased shortness of breath was also noticed. It wasn't really any big deal at all. I finally had three small heart attacks over a 20 hour period. The first one occurred while I was just out for a walk. They ended up finding one artery 90% blocked and put in 1 stent. Bingo! I feel like a new man. Rip is right, get it checked out immediately.

If you were concerned enough to post about it here, there may well be something going on. By the way, don't fear the check up or even any resulting procedures. It all was a piece of cake. I had the procedure done on Monday and was released Tuesday morning. The only restrictions were not to lift over 25# for 3 days. After that I could do anything I want. The whole thing still seems like a miracle to me.

Please go get checked out. Whatever the outcome you'll know you're good to go for a long time. Good luck.

My parents refuse to take me to get this checked out- They instructed me to stop with the milk and see what happens.

Their assumption=No complaints before GOMAD
    Me+GOMAD=Chest pains
    Me-GOMAD= Fine again.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of especially useful articles removing milk as the culprate as to convince them? Until then I shall use search...

My sister was diagnosed with MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) in January... she didnt even have symptoms and they took her in. WTF.

What have you done to make your parents so pissed at you? Have they got a life insurance policy on you? Be very careful around them. Their logic is hard to fault, though. They must be mathematicians.

Quote Originally Posted by eamon View Post
    My sister was diagnosed with MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) in January... she didnt even have symptoms and they took her in. WTF.
    MVP runs in families, if your sister has it, you very well may. Go look up the symptoms and your discomfort might make more sense, either way, go to the damn Doctor and have an echocardiogram done.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What have you done to make your parents so pissed at you? Have they got a life insurance policy on you? Be very careful around them. Their logic is hard to fault, though. They must be mathematicians.
    "We're not ordinary people, we're morons." - Curly Howard