starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck in endless cycle of press resets..

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm guessin

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you: 'Jee-suz'. We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to say thank you for my family: my two beautiful, beautiful, handsome striking sons, Walker: Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And, of course, my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox, who if you would rate her ass on 100, it would easily be a 94. I also want to thank you for my best friend and teammate, Cal Naughton Jr, who's got my back no matter what...Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we also thank you for my wife's father Chip. We hope that you can use your Baby Jesus powers to heal him and his horrible leg. It smells terrible and the dogs are always botherin' with it. Dear Tiny Infant Jesus...

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We just thank you for all the races I've won and the $21.2 million dollars... LOVE THAT MONEY, that I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention PowerAde at each grace, I just wanna say that Powerade is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to PowerAde's release of mystic mountain blueberry. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen.

Among the countless disappointments from the OP, I find the worst one being he didn't mention DRINKING FUCKING MILK.

I doubt he read your book, Rip.

My ability to press is directly tied to my ability to eat above 5000kcal a day. I think you should try it.

So uh, Dast, did they find a tapeworm or anything?

I don't know man, this is pretty hardcore stuff you've been posting lately. 157 on a diet of ~4000 calories when that's a weight of someone eating like ~1300... the whole thing with the needle.... this insanity...

I don't believe you're real anymore. I think you're actually one of those people who seek abuse from the internet with a fake persona for attention. I believed in you, but now I don't.

You shouldn't post again until you weigh 200 lbs. Seriously. The books. Read (and comprehend) them.

since i almost feel bad for you and since no one has mentioned it, it really sounds like 5x5 is not needed to provide an adequate stimulus for adaption, 3x5 is enough. and it also doesn't sound like microloading is necessary for you right now. as long as you're eatingand doing the program. frankly, it sounds like you have done almost nothing if you're pressing 32.5kg after a year.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong. i don't know your age, injury history, etc.

starting strength coach development program
    From what I see, Dastardly is a good fellow but he has several strikes against him,which are consistently sabotaging his progress:

1. He is British,which means he has to overcome the entire British mindset when it comes to becoming bigger and gaining weight. In the American mentality, becoming a giant, fire breathing, muscle rippling, sexual tyranosaur is achieved by snarling and heaving iron. In England its achieved by.....Englishmen do not seek this. It is not part of their makeup and psycho-socio identity. Their heroes survive by flicking tea and crumpets at their enemy while making self deprecating remarks; ours smash and shoot.

2. I think he is an ethnic Indian or Pakistani which,unfortunately,means he does not have any/many of his kind to look up to or emulate when it comes to lifting weights. Again, a psycho-socio identity issue.

3. He is some species of vegetarian, which is both a cause of his poor training and results and effect/result of his Euro-weenie status.

4. He has Asbergers of Autism of some sort (I think I remember him admitting this) so there is some intellectual dissonance going on.

5. He is intellectual (note that Iam not saying he is An Intellectual,nor am Isaying he issmart; he may be both of these things, Idon'tknow, but he definetly approaches things from an intellectual angle, which on this subject (lifting weights,eating meat and getting big) is a hinderance. See his weightlifting belt thread for further evidence of this - he overthought the problem instead of just buying a fucking lifting belt.

6. God only knows what sort of miserable, English, bird chested, panty-waisted, fat assed, sunken cheeked, chicken legged cohort he runs with,which (again) limits his pursuit of muscle and strnegth.

He needs to follow SS and Rip to the letter. He needs to re-read everything written by Gary Gibson )on this site and 70s Big) about Gary's pursuit of size and strength. He needs to eat one pound (not half a fucking kilo!) of red meat daily. He needs to Find an Indian-Desi-Paki-Arabian-whatever strength athlete (hint: look at the last great Iranian heavyweight) and identify with that motherfucker. He needs to become a Texan in his mind. Not some English fag. If he insists on being English, he needs to want to become AndyBolton, not "Becks" orsome other miserable specimen.

If Dastardly does allthis,he will gain all the strnegth and size anyone could want. If not,he will continue to be fail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12