starting strength gym

Thread: Rehabbing an Elbow Injury

Default Rehabbing an Elbow Injury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark,

On Friday I strained my elbow really bad. Tripped over a forklift and caught myself with my right hand which strained the right wrist and elbow. My range of motion is very low right now. Doc at the ER did x-rays and no breaks just diagnosed as a strain.

How should I go about rehabbing this injury?

Presses, probably. Load it as you can starting about Tuesday. Sets of ~10 reps, light at first then heavier. You know, normal stuff like we always do for these things: work it through an increasing ROM with light weight and higher reps as you can, making it heal in the course of the normal function of the injured thing.

Well found out that the ER doctor didn't actually look at my x-rays. I have a Radial Head Fracture on my right arm. Lovely. So after the 6 weeks to let the bone heal proceed as diagnosed if it would have been just a strain?

I have no business telling you about this one. I don't know how badly, if at all, the fracture is displaced, if it has been cast, surgery, etc. Once it has healed enough, you train it hard. Beyond that, it's your arm.