starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ripp

First I'd like to than you for all that you do, here and with the books. I own two of them. I have been following SS for 4 weeks.

My video, shows one warm up set at 80kg's and 3 work sets at 92.5kg's. I wasn't sure what angle would be best so i copied the other videos i have studied here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoARWhlqaTA

I know the shoes are inadequate but they are doing me fine at this stage. Seems to me that I need to concentrate on keeping my knees out. I also have concerns regarding my wrists. I understand they should be straight, but what you see in the video is the closest i can get to straight with this grip. They are not bearing any load.

I would really appreciate your input.

Aside: I have been really pushing to finish sets for a few workouts now and i thought my form had degenerated significantly. These are the first videos i have taken and i was very pleasantly surprised with my form. I was going to stick at 90kgs this workout untill i saw the form in the warm up sets.

Your knees are indeed caving in, and your grip is in fact fucked up. Widen the grip and get more hand on the bar so that you can maintain spinal tightness from the top down. The Man In Black behind you touched several of these work set reps, and you can't count them as done if he does this. What the hell was he going to do if you really got stuck? Curl your squat? Straighten out your spotting situation.

Thanks Ripp.

Its becomming clear that I have a little twinge in my right adductor, I'm going to be testing it out tonight. Knees out will be my focus.