starting strength gym

Thread: What is wrong with my back?

Default What is wrong with my back?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    [QUOTE=helthfreak;79267]Hello everyone

I started doing starting strength in the end of last summer for like 2 weeks in my garage with crappy equipment and noticed that i started feeling discomfort in my lower to middle back while i was sitting (when standing everything felt ok).
    I thought that it was because of my equipment and that i can't do some parts of the program fully and decided to stop training and see if it will go away. It went away after 2 weeks if i remember correctly. After 2 or more months i thought that i could do the program again and started going to the local gym. I felt the same feeling later that day after my first training session. I trained for 3 more times and it didn't get any better.
    Then i decided to see a physiotherapist. I showed that how i lift ( without the weights of course, just to show my back position). She told me that i arch my back too much. Well no she told me that i have too weak abs to keep the back straight but i realized i did it without weights and later she agreed that it was because of my form.
    Since December i went there once a week and did those physiotherapist exercises. Now i have started doing them at home 3 times a week.

I was talking to the physiotherapist about that when i will start feeling progress and why i sometimes that discomfort goes back. She was talking like it is more of a generic thing like because im growing blah blah and that i should just keep doing those exercises until im 20 and just then slowly start doing the real shit otherwise i will stop growing (which is bs imo). Later she told me that the discomfort is because of weak muscles around back and the incorrect lifting just started the problem to get worse.

I also talked with my family doctor and she is saying too that it shouldn't be anything serious and that she isn't going to send me to roentgen because im not 18 yet and she is saying too that it's because of just growing and that her both sons - athletes also feel discomfort in back. She might be right that it isn't anything serious because usually when i read on forums about people with back injuries they tell that they experienced sharp pain imediately which isn't the case for me.

Recently my physiotherapist told me that i cold go to a gym which is a part of the company. Trainers there are physiotherapists so that this training should be safe for my back. As she told me they work 2 days a week which isn't much but better than nothing. I don't know what exercises they do there but she told me that they are strength based but im not expecting to do squats and deadliftss there. And yea all those physiotherapist appointments and that gym is absolutely free of charge for be however my back problem still annoys me.

Here are videos of me squatin and doin deads
    squat
    deadlift

So far i hope that after few months i will be able to do SS again and the back discomfort will be gone by doing those core muscle exercises.
    What do you think?

Has anybody ever taken an x-ray of your back?

He mentions that his family doctor wouldn't send him to get a roentgen (x-ray) until he is 18.

I think it's time to try another doctor. Some discomfort is normal with squatting but nothing persistent from just sitting down. And it's a lot easier to assume what's wrong when you have medical information to work with.

Is it the music or the colors that keep that gym empty?

I have a headache from the two 30-second videos.

I sometimes don't read very carefully. His symptoms sound odd to me, and I think a radiograph is in order.

Well i could ask her once again to send me to the roentgen. Hope that this time she send me there.
    @drlvegas when i was making the video i was at the hours when most people are at work and it is not a big gym

Why didn't your family "Medical Expert" want you to have a "Roentgen" until your 18? Physiology or dose?

Physio if done well (which is unfortunatly rare) should of handled this, so next step would be imaging. X-ray in this age group must include oblique to rule out instability -(Spondylolsthesis/spondylolysis)

Is pain still dominant with sitting? Or pain with cough? Any leg symptoms whatsoever?

No i just have back discomfort when im siting for longer time periods now.
    When i was training it was all the time while i was siting. It also becomes worse after i have done some work with back.

starting strength coach development program
    Learn to answer specific questions more precisely.