starting strength gym

Thread: Ankle Sprain Recovery

Default Ankle Sprain Recovery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

(if this has already been discussed give me shit

I sprained my ankle on the 17th, and am able to walk at about 90% normality. I had a look at search but couldn't find a whole lot about my issue specifically.. I found that you've said specifically you've trained on numerous ankle injuries without much problem.

The pain is not an issue for me, but I'm finding i'm having a fucking hard time keeping my knees out now. And if I manage to get a very good knees-out position I heel wants to rotate too far (I have your squat shoots too). I've dropped my weights down to 225 and will work back up in a careful rehab, but should I be concerned with flexibility rehab before I increase my squat much further?

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand why an ankle injury is causing your knee/heel to rotate abby-normally. More info required.

I squatted 275x5 tonight and was able to maintain my knee's out. The relationship with my sudden inflexibility and ankle injury may very well of been coincidental for reasons I don't really understand. I'm still experiencing a good amount of inflammation afterwords but it's manageable.

Thanks for the response however.

I don't really know the reason but I am recovering from an ankle injury (a break) and I find that I have trouble keeping my knee out where I want it compared to the good leg. Granted I am not squatting yet, but in my rehab I find this to be the case.

Interesting, please keep me posted with any results, as I have no idea why there was a correlation and I don't know how it fixed it self.