starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer on paleo, and weird pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mlentzner View Post
    Will establishing a baseline interfere with your SS training? Absolutely. So you have to decide which is more important to you.
    You've made me think this one through and I've realized that I am more interested in getting strong. So it looks like paleo isn't for me right now. That and I can't foresee a time that I'd be willing to to give up the occasional beer. I think a diet of eggs, milk, meat, nuts, and veggies is more conducive to my goals at this time. Obviously I won't drink a gallon (in deference to my robust stomach), but I'll see how I react to 2 Liters a day, keeping any other carb sources to a minimum.

It's important to make sure you genitals are not trapped between your thighs prior to the deadlift. If so, this could cause an uncomfortable sensation when you both squeeze your legs and extend up.
    Good catch gman, I tried this and I had no discomfort on Friday (having added 20 lbs to the lift). It adds one more step to the deadlift setup, but it seems to have done the trick.

There's gluten-free beer. A popular one is called Redbridge -- I can grab it at the grocery store here (in DC) so it's probably not all that exotic.

The problem with paleo and beer comes when you've finished the six pack of Redbridge and your discernment isn't quite as good as it might be but you're still thirsty.

Also, tequila is paleo -- if we're swinging our dicks based on what we eat, choke on that.

I believe Gin is as well, however tequila is the better choice.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R. Miller View Post
    I believe Gin is as well, however tequila is the better choice.
    Gin is usually grain alcohol that has had aromatics steeped in it.

There are potato- and grape-based vodkas. But once a spirit has been distilled, I don’t know how much the original carb source for fermentation matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12