starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What shoes ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I got my Do-Wins on Monday and have used them all this week, they fit perfectly as i have wide feet, there's plenty of room in the toe area and are really comfortable to wear, in use they make a huge difference in stability when squatting and dead-lifting, my only concern is the heel height they are .75" and it feels like my knee's are sliding more forward when squatting but when i'm dead-lifting everything feels great, but i think i'm going to track down a good cobbler this week and get them reduced to .5", i would recommend anyone to upgrade to weightlifting shoe's for me the difference has been like night and day.

I just received my 2010 Do Wins from Rogue within days of ordering online. After one squat day I already like them better than both the Chucks and the Timberlands. Looking forward to trying them for deads and presses. I ordered them a half-size smaller as recommended. The fit is fine although I wouldn't necessarily agree with the idea that they run exceptionally big, i.e., I notice the missing toe room so far as length goes but not enough to send 'em back. The black suede and wood heel look good. Don't mind the height one bit. Glad I finally pulled the trigger on getting an actual weightlifting shoe. Concurrently, I also scored some gym chalk. Now I get why Rip wrote that he really won't train without shoes and chalk in Strong Enough. (Same chapter on personal equipment where he tells this story about busting a guy's balls for using straps on some ab excercise by going around using straps on doorknobs, steering wheel, coming out of the bathroom, etc. Fucking hilarious.)

For any Australians out there who are looking for a local store (i.e. not international), I just got myself a pair of do-wins from Australian Kettlebells. Two of my mates that I lift with have shoes, one has a pair of VS Athletics, which I thought might be a little high in the heel, the other has a pair of Adidas, too expensive for me. The do-wins are great. Going from an old pair of dunlop volleys to these is incredible, when I squatted in them for the first time today it felt like my feet were stuck in concrete.

I finally got my rack set up this weekend and with all but the collars now in my basement, I was able to get back to lifting last night (and now officially on the SS program).

I purchased a pair of the Rogue 2010's as Rip's shoes were also not available when I tried to purchase them. From someone who was slightly skeptical about the difference between a pair of flat-soled shoes to weightlifting, heeled, shoes all I can say is... AWESOME!

For someone with feet that completely lack an arch and funky knees to begin with, I noticed an immediate difference. The dual-straps offer solid support for your feet, and the heel itself just does so much for squatting.

When I was squatting before my knees seemed to come forward and I would have to constantly fight with keeping the weight on my heels instead of my toes/ball of my foot. Last night wearing the shoes, squatting just felt comfortable as far as positioning, lowering, and raising the weight.

I'm going to buy my girlfriend a pair as well, as soon as she gets her form down on all of the exercises. I would recommend that anyone not lifting with weightlifting shoes at this point seriously consider it, especially if you have a) flat feet or b) problems getting the weight back on your heels. It did wonders for me, and while I was cautious as to how it would affect my squat, after the very first rep all I could say was DAMN and bang out another one.

As far as Rogue Fitness as a supplier. I ordered all my weight, my Rip Barbell, and shoes from them. They delivered the shoes in 2 short days, and the Barbell got shipped direct from the manufacturer. I did have issues where they messed up the order for the weights, but they corrected it by sending it rush/priority as soon as I emailed them. It was a pain in the butt that it didn't arrive when it was supposed to, but they were willing to solve the problem quickly and at their own expense. That to me speaks volumes.

Just my 2 copper.

starting strength coach development program
    If I had the slightest doubt in Rogue I wouldn't be recommending them. Minor problems are inevitable with any company, and if it happens to you it doesn't seem minor, I know. But Bill is a good guy and his emphasis is customer service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123