starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would I be considered "untrained"?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
    Wow, it's hard to believe most of you are so arrogant you missed the point to my question completely and also completely ignored my reply.

Your first post was unclear as to whether you were on the linear progression. It was also clear that you have not been reading this forum long, because if you had, you would not have trotted out the bit about "...according to the website links in some forums posts I am novice on all lifts but bench," which means you are trying to determine your stage of capability based on weights in a table (which will be cleared up when you read PPfST). It's also indicatory that you do not visit / read often because you fail to understand that just because YOU have posted something that WE could see it when WE posted. All posts in this forum have to be approved, and until mark or one of his admins do approve it, we can't see it. Furthermore, just because we posted in YOUR thread doesn't mean we're ONLY speaking to you. When I post, I generally try to make it applicable to other beginners who visit here so that they will not be influenced by the idiocy that regularly shows up here in the first posts of new forum members. Finally, it's telling that you are new here because you have not had the sand beaten out of your mangina yet. Are you done crying now?

Thanks for the entertainment.

Ill admit you do have a few good points in that post. I did realise that posts have to be approved, however there was a 4hr period inbetween mine being posted and the others being posted, and I thought that would have meant my post was readable before those comments were made.

Youre original post for the most part, was, and would be helpful to a beginner, but you really should try to leave out the uneeded smart arse remarks. As you said you were UNSURE if I was doing linear progression, so the "shutthefuckup" and do it comment was not really applicable to me and not needed at that POINT in time.

As for the mentioning the strength capabilities, I thought it may have some bearing on a novice gaining weight. As Im sure you are aware, there is a lot of crap on the internet, Mark knows his shit and seems to get good results from beginners, and I wanted HIS opinion. Instead of reading crap off the net, I wanted to go to a reliable person with credability.

I think Im done crying, not sure. Youre good at cleaning sand out of mangina's? If I need help with that is it cool if I PM you for more info? There might be some stuck real deep. I dont really care if someone is quite blunt, I just dont think its necessary to start off with insults, like the initial posts did.

Quote Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
    Ill admit you do have a few good points in that post. I did realise that posts have to be approved, however there was a 4hr period inbetween mine being posted and the others being posted, and I thought that would have meant my post was readable before those comments were made.

Youre original post for the most part, was, and would be helpful to a beginner, but you really should try to leave out the uneeded smart arse remarks. As you said you were UNSURE if I was doing linear progression, so the "shutthefuckup" and do it comment was not really applicable to me and not needed at that POINT in time.

As for the mentioning the strength capabilities, I thought it may have some bearing on a novice gaining weight. As Im sure you are aware, there is a lot of crap on the internet, Mark knows his shit and seems to get good results from beginners, and I wanted HIS opinion. Instead of reading crap off the net, I wanted to go to a reliable person with credability.

I think Im done crying, not sure. Youre good at cleaning sand out of mangina's? If I need help with that is it cool if I PM you for more info? There might be some stuck real deep. I dont really care if someone is quite blunt, I just dont think its necessary to start off with insults, like the initial posts did.
    Kal, as a general rule of thumb on these forums, you're going to get shit. It may or may not be warranted (it usually isn't). But, that just comes with the environment. Believe it or not, some of us enjoy it. I know we're sadistic assholes =D. Now allow me to digress...

A huge facet of the novice program and the intermediate programs are caloric intake and rest (sleep). I don't know your goals; I don't know what you can and cannot eat, but I know that in order to make those massive gains you read and hear about, you need to eat 4k + calories. And, honestly, depending on how active you are, you may need more. When I went from 190 to 220 in 2 months, I believe I was taking in 6-7k calories. Now, is that healthy? I'm not sure to be honest. I do know that my deadlift increased about 110 pounds, my sqat 80 lbs, and my press 50 lbs. And, that was my goal. I wanted to get stronger. So, if your goal is to gain strength without regards to increased body fat percentage, I'd say eat more.

I don't get the appeal of trolling people on the Q&As. There are plenty of other places to do it on the forum.

No matter how stupid the question, Rip doesn't need a gang of kids stomping on his victims once they're down.

starting strength coach development program
    A reasonable point. I delete some of this already. Watch yourselves, boys and girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12