starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Distal biceps tendon

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    FWIW I read this: Greg: "Rip, I'm fucking up my elbows cleaning, what to do". Rip: "What you described is probably from armpulling, stop and/or get coaching".

In any case, I've had some elbow tendinitis of my own. Maybe the Ibuprofen/chin protocol would be helpful, it has helped me at least: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ead.php?t=8201

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You actually interpreted this response [...] as a flippant remark? I'd like to know from the rest of the board if they did as well.
    Seemed like a reasonable response to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SDAssassin View Post
    Seems like a genuine response to me, you asked for some advise, you got some. Explain to everyone how the above statement is being an "asshole"
    You can weigh in on something like this when you've been around longer (like ColoWayne - he's sarcastic some, but has time on the pond and gets a pass) - I've got hair on my ass that's been around this board longer than you - and the comment was based on the "sixteen" response. Check your reading skills at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have frequently cited pullups and chinups as my proven way to beat the tendinitis out of your elbows. You're supposed to know this because of your post count. My suggestion to to stop the 2 lifts in the absence of a way to stop the arm pull was my best advice. I assume you have tried to not bend your elbows and that you haven't been able to stop. If this is the case, stop the lifts until you get it fixed, which will require a coach.
    I didn't get this during my search, and I don't read every post (life prevents me reading everything I want to, so I don't generally read about chins, I just do 'em) but from the below quote I pretty much get it. 800mg nuclear grade popcorn 4x/day and a boatload of chins. I suppose I can try to drill the crap out of the full extension to see if I can stop the probably arm pull. In either case, coaching coming in early October - the nerd crew at the university gym (MIT - smart, but not that kind of smart) hasn't a clue, so I will wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Viking View Post
    FWIW I read this: Greg: "Rip, I'm fucking up my elbows cleaning, what to do". Rip: "What you described is probably from armpulling, stop and/or get coaching".

In any case, I've had some elbow tendinitis of my own. Maybe the Ibuprofen/chin protocol would be helpful, it has helped me at least: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ead.php?t=8201
    This was a helpful thread DV, thanks.

I think Rip's response hit the nail on the head. I've had the same pain you describe, and it was from arm-pulling my power cleans. The solution is, simply, to stop doing this.

A recent cue I've found to help with this came from the recent power snatch video on this site. I think about internally rotating each humerus before I pull and keeping them like that until the jump. The power gained from straight arms and the lack of biceps pain is really amazing, and you'll know when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    A recent cue I've found to help with this came from the recent power snatch video on this site. I think about internally rotating each humerus before I pull and keeping them like that until the jump. The power gained from straight arms and the lack of biceps pain is really amazing, and you'll know when you get it.
    This is an excellent cue. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Jesus, Greg. You certainly seem to have a nice big chip on your shoulder. Rip's advice was succinct and lacking in sarcasm. If what he said offends you so damn much, you can always ask for your money back.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Jesus, Greg. You certainly seem to have a nice big chip on your shoulder. Rip's advice was succinct and lacking in sarcasm. If what he said offends you so damn much, you can always ask for your money back.
    I hear you. I read it differently (more than once - I waited and reread several times before replying). I also apologized for misinterpreting the tone of the statement. Obviously you are much better at interpreting sarcasm that is typed than I.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12