starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think it has more to do with functional core modulation in the context of rebalancing the eccentric/concentric continuum. Let me be clear: unless absolute focus remains on the neuromuscular proprioceptive/GTO subsystem in operation preferentially throughout the psoas/piriformis/tranversalis/paraspinal macrosystem, you will always precipitate a non-stable core situation that can result in lowered motor unit recruitment ratios when calculated against potential submaximal/maximal recruitment dysfunction capabilities.
    Would farting be a reasonable substitute?

Quote Originally Posted by ZachN View Post
    The show Sports Science did an episode related to this a few years back. I don't remember details but I believe they measured force produced by a fighter's punch when he yelled and w/o yelling. The fighter did produce more force when yelling.
    Did the fighter believe he would produce more force when yelling?

starting strength coach development program
    I grunt like a motherfucker when I lift "heavy", scaring all the twigs in my GloboGym. Not consciously, just cant help it, and it fucks up my lift if I attempt to be quiet.

There's something in SS about the Ki-yah (sp?) of karate, valsalva, pressure and stuff. I always took this as justification for being noisy. That said I can't really see the benefit of consciously doing it, if it doesn't come naturally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12