starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rip's Rogue weightlifting shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do they run the same size as my regular shoes? I wear a 10 1/2 in my New Balances and always bought 10 1/2 in the Addidas lifting shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by utexas61 View Post
    The metal hoop piece for the strap broke on mine (was trying to get them fuckers tight).

Any thoughts for a quick fix?
    Bend it back into position, and remember to not pull against it like that again. It is not designed to be a leverage point for the strap.

Quote Originally Posted by John Janecek View Post
    Do they run the same size as my regular shoes? I wear a 10 1/2 in my New Balances and always bought 10 1/2 in the Addidas lifting shoes?
    Order your street shoe size.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 09-29-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Rip,

Ordered the 2010 Rip .5 boots today, I'll tell you what I think after I've used them a few weeks.

Thanks for the help,
    John

Just got an unexpected refund. Looks like the website claimed to have more than what's in stock. :|

Seems to be a common problem over a Rogue. I had the same thing happen to me months ago. I have been impressed with the shoes once I got them, but unimpressed with Rogue. Just my two cents ...

Think about this for a minute: would you like to be in the equipment business? Would you like to have to inventory shoes? Try to guess how many pair of each you should order from an uncooperative Columbian? I'm glad he's doing this and not me, is alls I'm saying.

And just so that everybody knows, I don't make a dime off of these shoes.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 10-02-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: speelin is hrda.

Quote Originally Posted by DTF View Post
    Seems to be a common problem over a Rogue. I had the same thing happen to me months ago. I have been impressed with the shoes once I got them, but unimpressed with Rogue. Just my two cents ...
    Their shoes often sell out before they can even order them. I have Roge as a "friend" on facebook, and when they announced that the Rips were in stock, they added "see how long that lasts," or something to that effect. I actually went through a long wait for shoes from Rogue, and when I talked to them about it, they went so far as to get me a pair of Do Wins from Pendlay. There are not many businesses out there that will send you to a competitor to keep you happy, but they got a customer for life right there. That is a company that gives a damn, and it's too bad you had a bad experience with them. Next time, I would get in touch with them; I doubt they source products from competitors often, but they seem more than willing to work with their customers.

I've ordered from them a few times and they've always been helpful and willing to answer questions. I missed the boat on the size 14 Rips again, though.

Here's my point. As a business man with experience in this area I can say that this is not rocket science. It is done by thousands of companies on a daily basis.

First - don't list an item as "in stock" unless you physically have it in your possesion
    Second - when you accept an order, remove that (those) items from your inventory
    Third - when you are out of something, don't accept another order for it until a new shipment arrives

Yes, it really is that simple. In fact a company can buy software that will do this for them if they don't want to manage it themselves.

I understand the issue of uncooperative suppliers. I deal with them on a daily basis in my own job. Since there is only one supplier for the Rip shoes, it puts Rogue in a tough position, but they need to protect themselves and their own reputation. That can be done, but hasn't been done well by Rogue for this particular item. While suppliers can be difficult, it is 100% in Rogue's power to control how they do business with their customers.

I'm not looking to 'spread the hate'. I am just making it known that there is a common problem that customers have been facing ordering Rip shoes from Rogue so that new customers go in with eyes wide open.

starting strength coach development program
    DTF:

I completely agree with you on the Rip Shoes.

1) We order expecting 3 week lead time using standard inventory algorithms

2) We get the first order within that time frame then the next in 8 and the next in 12

Our options:

1) Discontinue the product because the supply line is so unpredictable and this is a strong possibility

2) Order enough shoes to cover 6 months to offset the buildup in demand every time they miss the target delivery by two months.

3) Tool up another vendor

Some of our immediate fixes:

1) Changing to a different store chassis that allows for live inventory feeds - That is set for 9October

2) Immediately refunding all Rip shoe orders if they are out of stock due to the undependable supply

3) We have contacted multiple US shoe manufacturers to see if these can be made in the US, no luck there so far

We are working on this, normally when we have a supplier that causes this much issue we drop them. In this case it would require tooling up a new vendor for the .5" heel and that is an option!

Feel free to call me anytime to discuss: 614.358.6190

Bill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast