starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip's New Article up on T-Nation

You've been getting around lately, haven't you Rip?

In a good way, of course.

Always restless, constantly wandering -- driven: searching for perfection, a better way to do things. That's me.

What does this mean?

"The explosive aspect of a clean is actually minimal since the explosion is inherent in the top of the movement."

Why are the power snatches done as 6x2 and not 5x3? Should I be doing them as 6x2 when folowing Starting Strength?

The sentence should read "The volitional-explosion aspect of a clean is actually minimal, since the explosion is inherent in the top of the movement." An editing error, it should be addressed shortly.

Snatches are done for doubles since they are a longer pull and more susceptible to fatigue.

Rip,

how do you feel about t-nation using a HBBS squat with light weights for illustration purposes? At least he's using proper shoes.

excellent article. This is what I needed to read.

Its better than the time that they used a photo of one of Rip's lifters that accompanied an article that bashed the back squat. That was pretty funny.

starting strength coach development program
    This is a case of "I didn't have the book", but when I started TM for my non-press lifts (which were still progressing linearly) I found it best to deadlift on Friday when exhaustion is simply not a factor. After Monday squats I'm a wreck and of course wednesday is not the time for heavy deads.

Can you explain why you recommend Monday, or is this just a case of "this is how I suggest, but do what works"? I just happened upon someone else's log stating that their deadlift progression is stale because of squat exhaustion.

Thanks,
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast