starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm not an expert and I'm weaker than you but I had some triceps tendon pain and biceps discomfort due to poor starting position on the press. I was keeping my elbows close to my body, almost touching my ribs in the starting position. When I corrected my starting position to the proper one - elbows in front of the bar and wrist in alignment my triceps's tendon is happy. From the video I can see that your starting position is not correct - your arms are under the bar and support the weight in the bottom position alone without the help of you chest.

Like I've already said I'm not an expert - I have three weeks on starting strength but I still think that you might benefit from this advice because the starting position with elbows slightly in front made the press a lot more enjoyable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post

I mean clearly he's trained a little to get to those numbers, right? I'm not sure I understand the tepid response.
    The tepid response is due to the fact that I cannot diagnose subtle injuries not due to gross technique errors over the fucking internet, as I've stated many times.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by TXYM View Post
    Since my form is fine I'm just gonna stfu and do the work
    that's a great attitude, put in the work and it'll pay off.

it's refreshing to hear that from the young'ns...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12