starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joints & ligaments

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It makes me happy to think that barbell training is more natural to humans than climbing up a wall like a giant arthropod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think we have accumulated enough empirical evidence provided by the lifters on this board that the tissues do, in fact, adapt sufficiently quickly that the magic number of Bodyweight can be safely deadlifted when you're strong enough to do so. Whatever "reasoning" he may present will have to deal with the fact that this amazing feat is accomplished every day, and that it is far from remarkable.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It makes me happy to think that barbell training is more natural to humans than climbing up a wall like a giant arthropod.
    And definitely more natural than ultimate frisbee

I would probably now the guy. Link please?

The Royal Guards would be more correct. We do have a unit in Afghanistan most of the time. And we do fight there. Those who guard the royal palaces are draftet for a short service.

"It is furthermore unwise to lift more than your body weight in deadlift before after 5-7 months of technical training. The stabalizing ligaments around your spine are not programmed for such load yet."

I think humans as a species would have died off long ago if cavemen had followed the principal that they needed to train for 5-7 months before they lifted heavy shit off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy View Post

The Royal Guards would be more correct. We do have a unit in Afghanistan most of the time. And we do fight there. Those who guard the royal palaces are draftet for a short service.
    I didn't want to link to the original text in my first post, since the guy is Crossfitter (owner of a CF gym, apparently), and I've come to understand that there is some sensitivity when it comes to less than positive remarks in relation to Crossfit. So I formulated my question in a more general way, but since you asked...

Here is the link:

http://fitasfuck.wordpress.com/2010/...ary-personnel/

There's a pic (of the guy, as I understand it) and a name at the top of the post.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy View Post

It is not that I agree with him. But I would be interrested in reading the article.
    My spelling is a bit off. Long time since I have written in english. So now would be know.
    My spelling was a bit off. Now=know. I keep fucking around with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12