starting strength gym

Thread: Recovery week

Default Recovery week

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm currently doing Texa's method. Just wondering, how do you determine when you need to take a week off training completely?

Personally, I think I need to take a week off this week. I've managed to add on only about 10kg to my squats, with 3 of the weeks stalling on 105 kg - so about 7 weeks since my last rest week. I've been feeling especially fatigued for the last two weeks, and I have been unable to sleep properly for the last two days. On top of that, my doctor has prescribed me medicine for my Crohn's, and it has given me the shits literally, on average of 6x-10x a day, which isn't very pleasent at all!

Nearly reaching advanced status for squats . Thanks to you. About half a year away from that.

If you need some time off, take it. Just don't do it because you think you're supposed to. A week off in the middle of good progress is just lost training time.

But second "enforced" recovery week in the space of 7 weeks with a squat still only at 100kg suggests serious issues with recovery that will not be rectified by simply taking a week off to freshen up. Surely?

Chrons is dreadful and I sympathise, but it seems a text book case of undernutrition, either through lack of consumption of lack of chrons assisted absorption.

Or an error in programming the loads. What is "chrons assisted absorption"?

A polite way of saying "the shits"

Crohn's disease, a gastrointestinal disorder. Makes proper nutrition very difficult, and medication is often prescribed to help dietary nutrient absorption.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease

I see. A spelling deficiency.

starting strength coach development program
    I started the cycle with 95kg actually, and increased 2.5kg each week, and then once I reached 105kg, things started to go down, and this was the same time my condition started to get worse unfortunately.