starting strength gym

Thread: Switching to Rack-Pulls/Haltings Clarification

Default Switching to Rack-Pulls/Haltings Clarification

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After watching your rack pull video, the rest of my lifting trio want to make the switch (not me). Personally, I think this is motivated by the perceived ability to load more plates in front of the treadmill girls and not have to travel far after squats. And I don’t think they know haltings exist.

We’re all on the program and we weigh roughly 210, 225 and 230 pulling about 315, 315, and 385 x5 respectively. Because I’m the latter, with long limbs and nice novice DL progression, I am happy with the current state of affairs.

1.) Should I go rack pulls/haltings once I’m stuck like its an intermediate, or when I get into the 400s?

One of my buddies, the 225/315DL guy, is all torso with short baby limbs/fingers and struggles with the DL (but delights in kicking my ass at squats). He has stalled/deloaded twice, though once was because he threw his back out (ego) and the other very well might have been too much lacrosse and not enough eating.

2.) But would a guy built like that be a candidate to rack pull that early?

Thanks. Last month I had to talk one of them out of adding shrugs into the middle of our press day. Your videos are nonetheless appreciated.

1. You shouldn't be stuck until you're in the 400s weighing 230.

2. He is looking for an excuse to stop deadlifting. Tell him I said to stop deadlifting and to start marketing his multi-level lingerie business more seriously.

noted and done.

thanks