starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does squatting really exercise the hamstrings optimally?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    And if you wait until you can go up 10K, you haven't paid any attention to the material in PPST2. You have to get stronger on the basic exercises, and stronger drives the 2 lifts. Especially for a 152 lb. 5'9" novice who can and should go up a little every workout.

If you can't get stronger AND work on your technique on the 2 lifts at the same time... then, you are a pussy and should consider some pursuit other than weightlifting.

...this could go for the vast majority of "olympic weightlifters" who are largely a bunch of pussies who prefer dancing with a barbell to actually lifting a heavy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    If you can't get stronger AND work on your technique on the 2 lifts at the same time... then, you are a pussy and should consider some pursuit other than weightlifting.
    This.

OP, I hope you are a troll because my head hurts from reading this. Seriously, dude, your Oly technique needs to take a back seat to you gaining some fucking weight and actually getting stronger.

Why are you guys keep calling me a troll? My feeling is hurt.

I know that this thread has been derailed but it's OK (I can say OK because it's mine). Another question for you if you fancy answering:

Where should I put the strength lifts (squat and press primarily) in a training session, before or after the Olympic lifts?

You know that I lack the strength but it appears that my oly lifts are decent enough for a beginner. The majority of programs put the strength lifts after the oly lifts because of good reasons I think. Now there's a coach on another forum that said that he asks some of his lifters to train the squat before the oly lifts because it reinforces a certain motoric pattern that benefits the oly lifts. Honestly I don't quite understand what he means. In my current condition, should I try to focus on training the strength lifts first and then the oly lifts?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678