starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check with knee problems

Default Squat check with knee problems

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A few months ago I had some tendonitis in my right knee. I stopped squatting for a couple of weeks and foam rolled etc etc until it was better. Then I reset the squat weights and started increasing slowly back to my original PR - no problems with knee. I'm approaching the original weight and I can feel my knee is starting up again. It's not really painful or major at this stage but I skipped squatting today as I'm afraid to agrivate it.

Below is the last workset I did - Can you tell me if I'm doing anything to agrivate my knee? (the last rep I can see I had a bit of forward knee travel)

And what should I do with this? Reset again? Take time off squatting?

I see nothing in this view that would account for knee pain. What NSAID did you use, and how long?

I didn't use any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Just PVC/tennis ball rolling, and didn't squat for about one month - then started squatting again using only 60kgs, adding very small ammounts of weight each workout for the last maybe 2 months, over this period I overall didn't have any problems.

I'm not doing anything else that could possibly affect it (eg. soccer, jogging etc)

We have discussed this many times: an inflammatory injury is an almost inevitable consequence of heavy training. You have to learn to train though it, and ibuprofen or naprosyn taken correctly will help. SEARCH FUNCTION.