starting strength gym

Thread: Results of Novice Progression

Default Results of Novice Progression

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Coach,

I have a weird question about the long-term results of using a novice linear progression. Let's say that a novice progression would take me from squatting 135x5 to 300x5 in 3-4 months. However, I choose instead to do a less efficient program, and it takes me a year to get my squat up to 300x5. Other than the wasted 8-9 months, is there any difference between these two scenarios? Does forgoing a novice progression permanently limit your lifting potential, or is it just a matter of getting there faster?

Thanks for your time.

How do you plan do drag this process out over a year?

Moving to periodized programming too soon, training inconsistently, or perhaps trying to train for a 5k at the same time? I guess the most common scenario I've seen is the novice trainee who gets on some sort of complicated program from a magazine, which tends to generate slow and erratic progress.

Lots of people train inefficiently and still make progress over a more protracted timeframe. Is this just a theoretical question?

It's inspired by watching some of my friends who train inefficiently. I guess I'm trying to figure out whether this has any long-term downsides other than wasted time.

starting strength coach development program
    I guess that depends on how old you intend to get.