starting strength gym

Thread: Question about B&R weight bar

Default Question about B&R weight bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip,

Id like to get your Burgener & Rippetoe Bar...

I cant see it before I buy it, so may I ask a question about the end caps...

Do the end-caps catch on plates when loading or unloading the bar? Ive never seen this way to finish a sleeve, so Im just wondering what its for in terms of construction - or if it leaves a little gap.

Also my use for this bar would be as a power-lifting bar (no drops) and Ive only used a Texas Power Bar...would your B&R bar be comparable to the TPB in terms of intended use?

Many thanks. (Thanks for the forum and helping people and writing your books.)

The plates will not hang on a B&R bar. It will be at least as good at a TPB, and can be more easily used for other things.

I have both the B&R and the TPB and prefer the B&R. You won't go wrong with one.

Yea, go with the B&R bar you won't regret it. It has the nicest knurl I've ever felt on a bar, and everything else is equally amazing, especially when it comes to the price relative to other quality barbells.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, Ive got no worries about the bar now.

Probably one of the highest quality bars I've every used, even more so when you compare price. At that price level, I don't see how anyone would ever be unhappy with the damn thing.

Hi Rip,

So I went ahead and purchased your B/R bar, and look forward for it to arrive.

Just to confirm your comments that the bar ages with the lifters experience, and the bar being un-coated:

So when my hands touch it, this is like oiling/coating the bar, and what makes it turns dark brown (coating like the bluing on a gun) but it not rust.

BUT I don't touch the bar much, only where my hands go...so will it only patina on those areas? I don't really touch the sleeves, or the middle part, or the ends.

Should I run my hand over it from end to end, LOL to get it evenly touched?

Thanks for the reply.

The whole bar will oxidize. Have you never seen an old barbell?

are there any distributors for these in europe? shipping is 50% of the bar price at rogue.

and yes, europe does have internet. that's not the point here.

starting strength coach development program
    No. Europe is not without its problems despite the newly-acquired Internet privileges.