starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlifts are so damn functional

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'd rather have callouses,
    than plantar fasciitises...

Nice job on the 500 pound deadlift Ghoff.

How long did it take you to get from 400 to 500 and what weight were you doing for a set of 5 when you got the 500? (or were you alternating the rack pulls and haltings by then?)

cheers

"Congratulations on finishing the marathon! Now please stand back while I move this couch upstairs."

Quote Originally Posted by sergeant_81 View Post
    I work in accounting/auditing. I'm also the only strength-oriented person in the entire office. Spend a lot of time overhearing conversations from the fatasses regarding the latest inter-office biggest loser competition or who's going for a walk/jog/pretend-to-exercise stint at lunch.

As an auditor, I find being larger and stronger helps with getting straight answers from people.
    Funny, I always found the same to be true in my law enforcement and security career too. Interesting how that works isn't it?

I am also an accountant who has been doing starting strength for about a year. The biggest thing I notice is the lack of back pain and slumped shoulders during this tax season.

I also agree people look at you differently and give you better answers when you are built better.

starting strength coach development program
    Rip's quote of Tommy Suggs in Strong Enough is still one of my favorites: "If I had a choice between looking like a marathon runner or having a heart attack, I'd choose the heart attack."

Or something very close to that effect (too lazy to walk the 12 feet to my bookcase and look it up).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12