starting strength gym
Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Up Call For USA Mens Weightlifting Team

Default Wake Up Call For USA Mens Weightlifting Team

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do you think this will wake up the USA Mens Weightlifting Team? Tatiana only weighed 97kgs a mere 3 kilos over the men's 94kg class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kUo-...e_gdata_player

They will say, "Man, look at her technique! Best I've ever seen!" while failing to note that she is stronger than most of our men. Note the presence of David Rigert at 2:02. And her technique is very good.

Default Where is the shame?

Our second ranked USA mens 94 kilo lifter just blasted all over facebook that he had a great workout in which he snatched 140 kilos and c&j 180 kilos. Considering the female Russian lifter Who weighed the same did 146 and 181 yesterday, I guess he is proud to be right on her heels. Sure does seem like something is wrong with weightlifting in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymmoser View Post
    Our second ranked USA mens 94 kilo lifter just blasted all over facebook that he had a great workout in which he snatched 140 kilos and c&j 180 kilos. Considering the female Russian lifter Who weighed the same did 146 and 181 yesterday, I guess he is proud to be right on her heels. Sure does seem like something is wrong with weightlifting in this country.
    Well, I guess he's wearing the right shoes at least. I KID! I KID!

I suppose I can't poke too much fun because I can't put up those numbers, either. Then again, I realized that when I was nine and focused on my GRE instead of my C&J.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Note the presence of David Rigert at 2:02.
    Wow.

And her technique is very good.
    The camera work is driving me crazy. I don't want closeups of her hand and torso. I want to see the whole body doing the lift from several different angles. To whom must I write to complain about this?

Even the Europeans networks -- despite their willingness to actually cover the sport -- are fucked up.

Even the Europeans networks -- despite their willingness to actually cover the sport -- are fucked up.
    Yes, Eurosport for example covers it at least. But don't be so strict, the broadcast team cannot focus just on purists, who would like to analyze the angles and technique. They're probably trying to make the coverage more accessible to casual viewers.

I think Bill Star mentioned in one of his articels here. The why? don't worry in my country with other sports it's the same, overpayed athletes that doesn't need to win but if they rank is fair good the federation is happy and the athletes gets always there money good or bad. So why making yourself tired if you get good payement.

Default Another View

Here's a short (15-sec) whole-body shot of her doing 165kg. (I can't load an 18 minute video in less than a day where I'm living)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovhj...eature=related

Her starting position doesn't seem to have a lot of theatrics involved, and the bar doesn't drop an inch in her jerk.

starting strength coach development program
    Well, to be fair, we still have some hope on this side of the pond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6mRbQG-PL4

There's some strength in this one.

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast