starting strength gym

Thread: Low bar squat form check

Default Low bar squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

I've been doing high bar squats for months and have been trying to resist learning the low bar style simply because a friend showed me how to squat high bar when I was first started working out. I worked up to 240lbs for my work sets and haven't been able to squat in a week because my groin is really bugging me. I take a very narrow stance, and I'm sure that doesn't help. I've finally broken down and decided to switch to low bar. I'm out of town at the moment but I called around and found a YMCA that would let me in for free so I could record myself for a form check. I'm currently 6'3 and 195 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvS96PCliaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqFHgOZQTE

Errors I noticed: (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    -Knees appear to be sliding forward at the bottom
    -Bar is uneven
    -Slowing down towards the bottom (probably because of unfamiliar rack height)
    -Not pushing knees out at the bottom

Thank you for all your help,
    Andrew

That's a pretty good assessment. Sit back, lean forward more, and keep the bar over your mid-foot as it travels.

Alright, I will fix these problems as soon as I get back in the gym. If you don't mind, I would like to post another form check when the weight is heavy again. Maybe as soon as Friday, the only thing really holding me back is that pinning it so low on my shoulders is uncomfortable and unfamiliar.

I'll sit right here and wait, counting the seconds as they dribble inexorably by.