starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on squat - form check needed

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinnnnnn View Post
    Don't you get the pdf when you legitimately purchase the ebook through various channels other than amazon? Or am I mistaken?
    There is no authorized pdf of any of our books. And there is no lifting instruction in the Clarification article.

Fair enough, abuse away...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The pdf?
    Yes, this pdf. I apologies for the confusion created.

No, I have not purchased neither of your books so far nor have I read any. Maybe my form will actually say something about it, which why I have come here. So far I have educated myself on the squat from various free internet resources like your video on few YT (free short ones), Squat Rx series, Matt Wenning's "So You Think You Can Squat Series", etc.
    I started this program as Stronglifts 5x5 which I don't plan on linking since you know where to find it. After a few months discussions among different people training, I took the advice from experienced guys to switch to 3x5 (ditch the 2 extra sets to have more energy to progress strength-wise). I also switch between Pendlay rows and Power Cleans.

Is there anything else for me to say or do to not level with some shitty net i-troll. I barely found someone to record this circus of a movement that I call squat and get the courage to up it here for you to check it, and I fucked it up somehow. Please.

They're not that bad, but all of this shit is in the book, and it has been demonstrated in the hundreds of videos that have been commented on for 4 years on this website. Do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They're not that bad, but all of this shit is in the book, and it has been demonstrated in the hundreds of videos that have been commented on for 4 years on this website. Do your homework.
    Thank you Rip. Should I continue to progress this way (like in the videos), or do a even more low-bar squat and go not so deep? Or is this form and depth just fine and go with it?
    I have stalked this forum for quite some time checking videos of various people's form, but couldn't come to terms until I had mine posted and checked. We are all anatomically same, but each to his own idiocy, and squat. I hope the rest of the guys will contribute on this as I am really getting stuck on each increment that I do that it makes me de-load almost every time. Didn't know if it was YNDTP case, form, of whatever. I'll comment more in a quickie, uni awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    This is too stupid to be serious, I'm calling troll.
    Agreed, that is why it's neither.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbellSissy View Post
    Hahaha, Coach Rip, you must admit that not many guys would have balls to download one of the most useful and inexpensive books ever written illegally from internet and then come here for free advice.
    I am not that disrespective nor brave.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rment View Post
    Perhaps he's referring to the "A Clarification..." .pdf
    That is exactly the pdf I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1981 View Post
    Dude ....
    ...how's my squat?

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
    A charitable interpretation could be that he's referring to the clarification PDF, aka "YNDTP."
    Thank you, I could definitely use a little charity in here

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in ATL View Post
    Before we talk about your form, let's hear how much are you eating. WE will judge whether or not you are eating sufficiently. Most likely you are not.

And how old are you?
    I am 26 at the moment, 27 in August. I knew I was going to be asked if I eat enough, and that is why I gave information on how is my weight progress in time. I am aware that calories, or the lack thereof are the main reason of why constant stalls. What bugged me is that I my weight is going up constantly, and I gained about 8-10kg's since October, and continue to do so.
    I do not count calories, so if I provide my caloric intake in numbers, I'd have to lie. What I have stuffed in my face so far obviously was enough to get my bodyweight I have at the moment, but wondering if it's enough to take me where I need to be strength-wise. I'll leave the judgement part to you.
    Also, how do you find the form Steve?

@everyone else: feel free to critique the videos, now that the inflated drama is over

Quote Originally Posted by nikolago View Post
    Thank you Rip. Should I continue to progress this way (like in the videos), or do a even more low-bar squat and go not so deep? Or is this form and depth just fine and go with it?
    I have stalked this forum for quite some time checking videos of various people's form, but couldn't come to terms until I had mine posted and checked. We are all anatomically same, but each to his own idiocy, and squat. I hope the rest of the guys will contribute on this as I am really getting stuck on each increment that I do that it makes me de-load almost every time. Didn't know if it was YNDTP case, form, of whatever. I'll comment more in a quickie, uni awaits.
    Mark apparently is too nice to say it outright, so I will: Buy the damn book.

He already goes out of his way to provide free critique of our form. The least you can do is work for minimum wage for 3 hours and buy the book to show your appreciation.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Okay, I'll bite. 8-10kg since October? I put on 5kg in the last four weeks...and I was fighting bronchitis for 1.5 of those weeks and thus not hitting the gym regularly or eating a lot.

Seriously, do this for us first...take one day to write out your calorie intake--keep it on a note pad and tally it up as the day progresses. My guess is you're taking in a lot less than you think. After a couple days of hitting at minimum 3,500 or 4,000 calories, you'll be able to better gauge what "eating enough" looks like. If you're consistently hitting over 4,000 calories and still aren't moving up in weight, then it's probably not diet issues.

Also--buy the book, or at least the DVD. The book is fantastic--but even if times are tight, the DVD's only about $20, and it's very helpful for learning and self-diagnosing obvious problems with all of the exercises.

Rip's worked hard to make this information available to us, so I feel a little uncomfortable handing out advice without knowing that Rip is getting his due first. Feel free to correct me otherwise, Rip.

starting strength coach development program
    i wish your books were available to download from an authorized source. i would happily rebuy them in pdf format.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast