starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck on squat - form check needed

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolago View Post
    Thank you Rip. Should I continue to progress this way (like in the videos), or do a even more low-bar squat and go not so deep? Or is this form and depth just fine and go with it?
    I have stalked this forum for quite some time checking videos of various people's form, but couldn't come to terms until I had mine posted and checked. We are all anatomically same, but each to his own idiocy, and squat. I hope the rest of the guys will contribute on this as I am really getting stuck on each increment that I do that it makes me de-load almost every time. Didn't know if it was YNDTP case, form, of whatever. I'll comment more in a quickie, uni awaits.
    How much are you eating? When did you start the program? How much did you weigh when you started the program? What were your initial numbers? Why haven't you read the fucking book?

See how tiresome this is?

Your squat needs work. The bar is too high (not on spine of scapulas), you are way too into your knees (sit back more) and your back is a little too vertical (lean over more). Read the book and get the DVD. The DVD was even more useful to me than the book, so I highly recommend getting the DVD if you are serious about learning the lifts.

I have no idea where do you see my under-appreciation or disrespect for the coach, and it certainly isn't coming from me not having bought the book, yet. I got the point and am very aware that I have to buy the book, and I will. It just cannot be done on-the-fly as many of you can, being in a third-world country where average monthly wage is 200$. /whine Really, out of infinite respect to Rip and everyone who took their time to provide constructive feedback, I will not turn a simple form check thread into some random discussion.

So if no one else does not have anything further to add regarding form, my the takeaway advice is to work on getting the book asap, as well as upping my caloric intake.

Agreed, that is why it's neither.

I am not that disrespective nor brave.

That is exactly the pdf I was referring to.

...how's my squat?

Thank you, I could definitely use a little charity in here

I am 26 at the moment, 27 in August. I knew I was going to be asked if I eat enough, and that is why I gave information on how is my weight progress in time. I am aware that calories, or the lack thereof are the main reason of why constant stalls. What bugged me is that I my weight is going up constantly, and I gained about 8-10kg's since October, and continue to do so.
    I do not count calories, so if I provide my caloric intake in numbers, I'd have to lie. What I have stuffed in my face so far obviously was enough to get my bodyweight I have at the moment, but wondering if it's enough to take me where I need to be strength-wise. I'll leave the judgement part to you.
    Also, how do you find the form Steve?

@everyone else: feel free to critique the videos, now that the inflated drama is over
    -You only put on 8 kg since October
    -You acknowledge that your stalls are likely due to lack of calories
    -You stuffed your face
    -You are unwilling to count calories or list WHAT you are eating

but asking you about all of this is inflated drama. Come back when your head isn't up your ass.

It just cannot be done on-the-fly as many of you can, being in a third-world country where average monthly wage is 200$. /whine
    Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1981 View Post
    Your squat needs work. The bar is too high (not on spine of scapulas), you are way too into your knees (sit back more) and your back is a little too vertical (lean over more). Read the book and get the DVD. The DVD was even more useful to me than the book, so I highly recommend getting the DVD if you are serious about learning the lifts.
    Thanks for the feedback and recommendation, I will work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in ATL View Post
    -You only put on 8 kg since October
    -You acknowledge that your stalls are likely due to lack of calories
    -You stuffed your face
    -You are unwilling to count calories or list WHAT you are eating

but asking you about all of this is inflated drama. Come back when your head isn't up your ass.
    Steve, I apologies if I offended you, but you got it wrong about the last one. I am not unwilling to count calories, I just stated that I do not count them, thus unable to provide you with a number. It's true, I acknowledge that the calorie intake might be a problem for me, as pointed by you and others.
    The drama thing was pointed towards those that misunderstood which .pdf I was referring to, which was caused by my own mistake. It was not meant to ridicule your input. Again, I meant no disrespect

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Where do you live?
    I live here coach.

Well then, good luck.

hey, some pretty tough guys came outta ancient Macedon. i heard a rumour that the current president was briefly a professional boxer too, how cool is that?!
    i'd have thought they'd have good olympic weightlifting programmes too, given where they are and recent history, but i dunno.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you Rip, appreciate it.

frosty, that's the prime minister, close one Unfortunately Olympic weightlifting, even strength training has zero presence in this country, which especially sad given our geo-location.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123