starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: please my squat form check and question.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A fair point - you're much better with anatomy than I am so I'll take your word for it

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Hey! Hey! It's a Korean guy! Keep up the good work. 아자! 아자! 화이팅!
    Are you korean?? nice to meet you! although you are not korean!

And you haven't actually met.

Quote Originally Posted by risepmj View Post
    Are you korean?? nice to meet you! although you are not korean!
    Risepmj, where in Korea do you live? I live in Seoul, Gwanak-gu. I train at the Jamaica fitness in Egg Yellow. Nearest subway is 설대입구 line 2

I really want to know where that gym is in the video too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And you haven't actually met.
    you don't know that

I actually am Korean. I live in the States and cannot type in Korean from my corporate security-laden computer right now, however.

I lived in Korea for almost two years and I would have loved to train at a gym like that there. Korean gyms are typically globo-gyms that charge obscene monthly rates. You'd also be hard-pressed to find a gym with dumbbells that exceed 50 lbs. I'm not kidding.

If you guys think Americans are lazy, sedentary pansies who are afraid of hard work, visit Korea. Some major pretty boys over there. I'm almost glad military service is mandatory because the boys re-enter society as changed men.

Hi evan!

I am live in in-cheon,YeunSu-Gu. I train at professional weight lifting gym. here is 안용권 who 2009 world weightlifting heavy champion.
    He is beast!
    subway name is Munhak-sports complex.

Rip, this is a bit off topic, but like the OP, a lot of us train alone, or use squat stands, or have to spot one another.

Can we have a Platform video on how to dump the bar when LBBS in squat stands and in a power rack, both forward and back, and the art of being a good spotter?

I think all of us would like to know from a safety point of view, and I guess you know a lot about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I was under the impression that we were trying to get strong, not excessively deep. I'd rather see him squat 300 at 1" below than 225 at 4" below, because 1" below is deep enough and 300 will make him stronger than 225.

No knee problems at all. Your stocking is fine.
    If one were training the Oly lifts, would it make more sense to squat to the OP's depth rather than stop at 1" below parallel? It seems like you'd need to replicate the move of coming out of the hole after catching the weight. Maybe that just should be worked via a FS and only use the LBBS to develop basic strength? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Randle McMurphy View Post
    Rip, this is a bit off topic, but like the OP, a lot of us train alone, or use squat stands, or have to spot one another.

Can we have a Platform video on how to dump the bar when LBBS in squat stands and in a power rack, both forward and back, and the art of being a good spotter?

I think all of us would like to know from a safety point of view, and I guess you know a lot about this?
    I don't recommend dumping the squat. I recommend better planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    If one were training the Oly lifts, would it make more sense to squat to the OP's depth rather than stop at 1" below parallel? It seems like you'd need to replicate the move of coming out of the hole after catching the weight. Maybe that just should be worked via a FS and only use the LBBS to develop basic strength? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

No, it wouldn't, because, again, we're FRONT SQUATTING as Olympic weightlifters, so that we don't have to replicate anything with the squat, so it can make us STRONGER by allowing us to lift HEAVIER WEIGHTS. Like you said.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 05-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast