starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIPs shoes partially in stock now...

Default RIPs shoes partially in stock now...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I was trying to buy the rogue 2010 .5" Rips Weightlifting Shoes for a few months now, always out of stock, and no pre-order(!), I could probably get grenade launchers in the black market before I could lay my hands on a pair of those.
    Emailed rogue fitness and they informed me that they go out faster then hot buns, and that they expect a shipment in one month(was 32 days ago)

I just got the last pair of size 11 today to my luck(out of stock now), thought it might be nice to let everyone know that size 10.5/12.5 are still in stock(and more then 1 pair) so take advantage and order them

I am just puzzled of why not order 3 times the amount of what they usually order for the normal sized male foot(10-12) if those shoes are out of stock within 48 hours?
    Well can't wait to see the huge difference squatting in them instead of my regular chucks

I think they are having supply problems with Risto in South America. He is apparently difficult.

Rip do you recommend this heel height for olympic lifters too?

Or just for people just doing the lifts in SS?

Yeah, piss that guy off and next thing you know it's...

NO SHOES FOR YOU!

I'm going to spring for some shoes soon. I'd be interested in getting a pair of the Rip shoes, but leaving aside supply problems, the consensus seems to be that do-wins work better for wide feet. Rip, any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Randle McMurphy View Post
    Rip do you recommend this heel height for olympic lifters too?

Or just for people just doing the lifts in SS?
    I recommend them for all humans.

Quote Originally Posted by mlentzner View Post
    Yeah, piss that guy off and next thing you know it's...

NO SHOES FOR YOU!
    It couldn't get much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Lift View Post
    I'm going to spring for some shoes soon. I'd be interested in getting a pair of the Rip shoes, but leaving aside supply problems, the consensus seems to be that do-wins work better for wide feet. Rip, any thoughts on this?
    I don't think you could say that the shoes are lasted for a narrow foot, at all. They're about a D-width.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 05-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't think you could say that the shoes are lasted for a narrow foot, at all. They're about a D-width.
    Good to hear. I have been wanting a pair of lifting shoes for a while, and thinking about adding a pair to my bar order. But I have wide feet.

I have a pretty wide foot and they fit me just fine.

I have a pair of Rip's shoes. They are great. It definitely improved my form. I highly recommend them. I got lucky because my size was in stock. Rogue Fitness was great too - I had a question about sizing and they responded to my email question pretty quickly.

Sunil

starting strength coach development program
    I'm curious to know if anybody else who has the Rip 2010 0.5" shoes had them start coming apart at the heel? I noticed the other day that one of my shoes is doing just that. They haven't been used more than 25-30 times since I bought them, so fairly low mileage (and I train in my basement, so *very* low mileage). Otherwise, I really like them.

Jon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast