starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How would you remedy this rounding in the squat Coach Rippetoe?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by raw32 View Post
    I've read this 20 times and I still laugh.
    None of that, please. I'm very busy today and don't have the time to track you down and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Okay Spar. You were right.

MF, please don't mistake the fact that I don't care about SHR with confusion. Short-limbed athletes, such as myself, regard this silly analysis as College-Boy Bullshit, a term coined by my friend Hal Koenig with whom I have been visiting the past few days, and who has a SHR of 57 by my estimation. Let me restate my position: hamstring extensibility is subordinate to skeletal positioning as a facilitator of squat depth. Come to a seminar where we will overwhelm you with our own College-Boy Bullshit (which I'm sure has by now generated the CBB acronym) and possibly clear up some of this theoretical obfuscation that, in fact, most always breaks down in practice with experienced coaching.
    I appreciate your maturity in this issue.

I do not believe you did not care about SHR nor were you confused about it in your earlier post. You seem to be completely unaware of it and/or have never heard it as indicated by you questioning arm length when I brought it up. Also the fact that you mentioned one of your colleagues has an SHR of 57 makes me even more skeptical of you having ever used or measured one in your extensive training career. An SHR of 57 would be an EXTREME outlier and is probably as rare as encountering a 7 footer. The odds of your short-limbed, creator of CBB having such an SHR is slim to none.

It is entirely possible to adjust skeletal positioning to compensate for hamstring extensibility in order to squat deeper; I do no disagree with you about this. However, with the skeletal positioning you chose to use in the squat video in question, your form suffered due to poor flexibility/mobility in trying to reach your desired depth.

The important question is......

...did you find a place to press in Durango, Colorado?

I was there a couple of years ago and I only found 1 gym that I can remember that had actual strength equipment. And that place had some banker's hours. I wasn't able to lift while I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Are they wearing hotpants and glitter and shitting on your lawn? If not, then that's someone else's crew.
    Hot pink flared pants, Tie-dyed t-shirts one size too small, insect like oversized sunglasses, and pickets all over my lawn that are marking my house as the new headquarters for "Spar's fan club".
    I think they're yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFatigue View Post
    I appreciate your maturity in this issue.
    Sure. It's what we do here.

I do not believe you did not care about SHR nor were you confused about it in your earlier post. You seem to be completely unaware of it and/or have never heard it as indicated by you questioning arm length when I brought it up. Also the fact that you mentioned one of your colleagues has an SHR of 57 makes me even more skeptical of you having ever used or measured one in your extensive training career. An SHR of 57 would be an EXTREME outlier and is probably as rare as encountering a 7 footer. The odds of your short-limbed, creator of CBB having such an SHR is slim to none.
    Let me clarify: I do not care about SHR because I have never found that an awareness of this specific parameter helped me coach the squat, which I have been doing quite successfully for 35 years.

It is entirely possible to adjust skeletal positioning to compensate for hamstring extensibility in order to squat deeper; I do no disagree with you about this. However, with the skeletal positioning you chose to use in the squat video in question, your form suffered due to poor flexibility/mobility in trying to reach your desired depth.
    I don't think you are in a position to correctly evaluate my form in the squat. Please post e video here of a person doing a ~10RM with what you consider correct form.

Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    ...did you find a place to press in Durango, Colorado?

I was there a couple of years ago and I only found 1 gym that I can remember that had actual strength equipment. And that place had some banker's hours. I wasn't able to lift while I was there.
    I found a place. But I know the place you're talking about, in the parking lot behind some other buildings down on the bank of the river. It has changed hands but the accessibility has not improved. Apparently they are making too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I found a place. But I know the place you're talking about, in the parking lot behind some other buildings down on the bank of the river. It has changed hands but the accessibility has not improved. Apparently they are making too much money.
    That would be the place. If you're free to say, can you tell me where you lifted in Durango? I'm going to Colorado in August. Not sure if I'll be in Durango again, but there are good odds.

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    Tie-dyed t-shirts one size too small[...]
    Not mine. I shoot people on sight for that kind of fashion faux pas.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    That would be the place. If you're free to say, can you tell me where you lifted in Durango? I'm going to Colorado in August. Not sure if I'll be in Durango again, but there are good odds.
    This is where I ended up. They have a rack. That is all. http://www.fitnesssolutions247.com/

This is the place where the door is always locked in the middle of the day: http://www.bodyfactorydurango.com/ I had trained there several times before it was this business, and I've tried to go back several times because the equipment was useable, but the door is always locked and nobody ever answers the phone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345