starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Working out when you feel like shit - aka not being a bitch

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    I have a newfound respect for you Steve. Either that or you're just batshit insane. Which one is it, Rip?
    He's both. That's why you should pay attention, even when he raves like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's both. That's why you should pay attention, even when he raves like an idiot.

Says the man who did a shrug video and a rack pull video (at 495#) 7 or 8 weeks after shoulder surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Big Eddie listen mate it is not therapeutic to train through a hangover, it is a precursor to a training accident. And no Gym I know of or any trainer will allow lifters on the floor with the after effects of alcohol, your in the wrong game mate. If you want to be the best at weightlifting then give the booze away.
    You'd be surprised at what you can do with a hangover. Their is a certain state of impaired-zen that can be achieved with practice and force of will, if you let hangovers overrule what you do, it takes all the fun out of drinking in the first place.

I'm cutting weight at the moment so I haven't touched a drop in weeks, but once I am done with this cut there is a growler of Brewdog Tokyo Imperial Stout (18.2% abv) with my name on it. I'll probably feel a bit under the weather the next day, but some hill work or deadlifts could still be in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in ATL View Post
    You have to understand that once you get to a certain level of athletic ability, these things start weeding out the weaker competition.
    Or even if you don't compete it stops you bitching and ducking out. Just look at Hoogerland in today's Tour. Unbelievable. Or Wiggin's who'll be back on his bike a week after breaking his collarbone. These sorts of examples make me too ashamed for even thing of OPs option (1) and not trying when things are bad.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by big eddie View Post
    You'd be surprised at what you can do with a hangover. Their is a certain state of impaired-zen that can be achieved with practice and force of will, if you let hangovers overrule what you do, it takes all the fun out of drinking in the first place.

I'm cutting weight at the moment so I haven't touched a drop in weeks, but once I am done with this cut there is a growler of Brewdog Tokyo Imperial Stout (18.2% abv) with my name on it. I'll probably feel a bit under the weather the next day, but some hill work or deadlifts could still be in the offing.
    Big Eddie mate you are already in a state of "Impaired - Zen", are you growing Mexican tomatoes or what? Stick to the training schedule and just don't drop the plates on your foot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234