starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Physics

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But in case you know differently, why don't you tell us what you think it is.
    Mr. straingth is currently invovled in another thread where he apparentely couldn't find videos of high-level Oly. lifters doing high bar squats... me olfactory sense detecteth ye olde trolle...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    i think you need to skip ahead and take a philosophy of language course.
    That actually sounds amazing.

Thank you to everyone who helped clarify this.

Default Although I did get a kick out of your old english...

Quote Originally Posted by RRod View Post
    Mr. straingth is currently invovled in another thread where he apparentely couldn't find videos of high-level Oly. lifters doing high bar squats... me olfactory sense detecteth ye olde trolle...
    Since when does high-level equal olympian? If you are going to try and make me look bad, do it in a way which is actually correct.
    I found two olympians high bar squatting and a bunch of amazing high bar squatters, but those two categories are not the same.

This is going to come as a shock, but the term "Olympic lifter" does not mean a lifter in the Olympic Games. Please stop posting here and distracting us from useful conversation. Really. Don't post here again for six months, during which time you will just read about stuff you don't already think you know.

"Since when does high-level equal olympian?"

Since at least 1896

Threads like these make it frustrating to search for valuable info in the archives. Just get rid of it Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by straingth View Post
    Since when does high-level equal olympian? If you are going to try and make me look bad, do it in a way which is actually correct.
    I found two olympians high bar squatting and a bunch of amazing high bar squatters, but those two categories are not the same.
    I think you did a fine job of making yourself look bad. In case it hasn't been cleared up. I have a bachelors of science degree in Physics and I can assure you that a joint and the appendage attached to it is a fulcrum and lever. Any physicist (person with a degree in physics) will agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJones View Post
    I think you did a fine job of making yourself look bad. In case it hasn't been cleared up. I have a bachelors of science degree in Physics and I can assure you that a joint and the appendage attached to it is a fulcrum and lever. Any physicist (person with a degree in physics) will agree with me.
    I have a degree in Chemistry and one in Information Science and I even agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    The troll-ness is exceedingly thick in here.
    Msingh sock-puppet. It's pretty close to his style.

starting strength coach development program
    I thought the Andy Bolton DL thread clearly established that the physics Rip learned in school is NOT the physics of today. Newtonian physics was just a fad!

Methinks that if this is what keeps you up at night after reading SS then you missed the point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123