starting strength gym

Thread: David's progress using TM

Default David's progress using TM

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    David came to me in March of this year weighing 210 his squat was 305x1, bench 275x1, DL not skilled enough to complete it. Using TM lifting 3 days per week, usually MWF, we got him ready for his first full power meet. Here are his results

squat 430x 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4l9LgQ_-Q
    squat 468x 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2XXryEfWso
    squat 475 x miss

bench 305 x 1
    bench 325 x 1
    bench 340 x miss

DL 375x1
    DL 425x1
    DL 463x1

total 1256 RAW no wraps

He weighed in at 227 and he is 17 years old, David finished playing DL for his high school team last year as he is now in junior college, but he only dreams he would have developed his strength and power to this point last spring and summer. David will continue to train under Grant McCaulley and a TM approach over the coming months and will train up for another meet in 3-5 months. There is no controversy, these methods work and in my opinion are the best and most rapid way to increase strength and power in youth, adolescent, adult and senior lifters. Thanks again to Rip and everyone on staff for disseminating this information to the strength and conditioning community.

Grant McCaulley

very impressive, well done to both of you!
    can i just asking what DL is as in "playing DL", i did have a google but none the wiser...

Congrats!

I would like to see the video of the missed squat.
    Also, he's 17 and a junior in college!?

Quote Originally Posted by frosty-g View Post
    very impressive, well done to both of you!
    can i just asking what DL is as in "playing DL", i did have a google but none the wiser...
    Defensive Lineman. The big guys.

Quite a strong lad.

DL = Defensive Line (American Football).

He's in Junior College (a two year school), not a Junior in College (a four year school).

@Grant: I'm surprised that you had an athlete that, at the start of training, could properly squat 305, bench 275, but lacked the profiency to deadlift. He almost had a 1.5x BW back squat but couldn't pick up a bar from the ground? What was the reason?

carp

nobody teaches DL around, they have them do some fucked up version of SLDL, so we could not even test it, this is not unusual to find, but his other lifts were jacked to, we had to start pretty much from scratch, but his baseline strength was not terrible from playing football and training for MMA.

Grant

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    DL = Defensive Line (American Football).

He's in Junior College (a two year school), not a Junior in College (a four year school).
    I blame my iPhones tiny screen for my failure in reading comprehension. Carry on.