starting strength gym

Thread: Gallbladder removal

Default Gallbladder removal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip and friends,
    I'm having my gallbladder removed next week. Anyone on the board have experience with this and lifting? Any thoughts on recovery as to how long it will be until I can lift heavy again?
    It's laparoscopic so I'm hoping it's a "take a couple of weeks off, start low and you'll be back in no time" type deal.
    Thanks,
    Sam

I haven't had a gall bladder procedure, but I've had two abdominal surgeries. Take a week off, start back slow, and you'll be back in no time.

I had my gallbladder removed in March. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. For years prior to this I was having extreme back pain and it was so intense I couldn't sleep or even lie down. Many doctors tried x-rays and were looking at my spine and one of the docs decided to get my organs checked. Sure enough it was full of stones and causing some pressure on my spine. Once it was removed I felt better the next day, however a little tired from all the drugs. If you start off slowly I dont think you will have any problems at all. Good luck, I was in-n-out of the hospital in a few hours.