starting strength gym

Thread: Hip bursitis

Default Hip bursitis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've seen several topics about this but every time it seems you say that you could not get rid of it. The pain is on the outside of my hip right between the the side of the thigh and the glutes. The blue circle here is pretty close to where the center of pain is for me.
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...9&d=1265215815

I do high bar squats and go pretty deep. In the past few months, I have found that taking a very narrow stance with toes pointed slightly outward seems to not cause nearly the pain that taking a shoulder width stance and pointing toes 45 degrees or so. Pushing my knees out at the bottom seems to cause the most pain. Today after failing on squats I could not even deadlift at all. (95 lbs hurt) The pain comes and goes but most of the time it hurts a lot when I wake up.

My question is, would doing squats with a narrow stance be a generally bad idea even if it doesn't cause barely any pain? Will this cause other trouble down the road? Or should I take a break from squats for a few weeks? The deadlift does not cause any pain by itself if I have not squatted beforehand.

Thank you,
    Andrew

If your objective is to train as much muscle mass through as much ROM as is possible with good technique, so that you can get strong, your idea wouldn't get that done. What happened after your IT band release?