starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Belts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thanks for the archive post, but did you read the OP? The site is down because the gal that keeps it running is not there to do it. If you guys order from Dean, be understanding about him doing this by himself.

I think about this all the time: Stef runs the whole business -- website, store, shipping, Amazon interface, book inventory, everything you see here -- and if something happened to her, I'd be GONE. My best wishes for Jackie's speedy recovery.
    Wow, better hope stef never decides to get into athletic club management, or you'll be out on your behind.

Default You can also email Best Belts

I emailed and received a reply from BestBelts1982@aol.com if you don't want to disturb them with a phone call.

I'm not sure how you guys get such quick replies, but when my friend was in the US for a few weeks, I tried contacting BestBelts via email as I wanted to ensure I could order one and get it delivered prior to my friend returning from the US. However each time I sent an email, I would not get a reply until a week later, and this happened with about 3 emails, so I decided not to bother.

I ordered a belt from BestBelts. Found my ribs required a tapered belt. Ordered a second belt. Received the second belt with four leather coasters. This is one stand-up guy who gives a shit about his product.

My belt is also from Dean, and as this thread attests to, they are amazing. Their site never really worked properly for me (am in Canada), but the money order/shipping worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowTrain View Post
    I emailed and received a reply from BestBelts1982@aol.com if you don't want to disturb them with a phone call.
    Thank you Slow Train ! I had to talked to Dean a couple of weeks ago and he hadn't gotten back to me, I finally realized how busy he had been with Jackie, so I send him a message to his AOl account and he answered in a day. I should be receiving my belt in a few days ).

Dean is not a computer wiz and needs his wife Jackie to help with the site and paypal, so until she gets better it will be a slightly slower process of emails, or phone calls, and check/money orders in the mail. But his quality is superb and his price (10mm belt for $65) is still the best out there.

I agree, I just bought a belt from him before he took the site down, shipped to western Europe. He wants the customer to be happy, at a very reasonable price.

Best wishes to Dean and Jackie. For anyone looking for a great belt with great customer service and at a reasonable price Bestbelts cant be beat. A buddy and I got our friend a belt for his birthday and he loves it.

Given the limitations at present, would dean be able to tell me if he can do a belt that tapers at a certain point? If I measured a "gym belt" I have been using to see if it fits one of the patterns or whatever they use for leather?

Also, How soft is the leather when new, or maybe how much did you need to break it in? Not being a total wimp here, just a 5'4" woman who is also very short waisted. I hate to buy without any product page or dimensions to go by, and without trying it on (know I have to get over the last bit). But don't want to be unreasonable or make things harder for him in a tough time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeLee View Post
    Given the limitations at present, would dean be able to tell me if he can do a belt that tapers at a certain point? If I measured a "gym belt" I have been using to see if it fits one of the patterns or whatever they use for leather?

Also, How soft is the leather when new, or maybe how much did you need to break it in? Not being a total wimp here, just a 5'4" woman who is also very short waisted. I hate to buy without any product page or dimensions to go by, and without trying it on (know I have to get over the last bit). But don't want to be unreasonable or make things harder for him in a tough time.
    I have no comparison point (this was my first belt), but I ordered the soft leather (Dean suggested it), and it was good to go on my first use, no real break in required though it has gotten more comfortable as time has gone on.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast