starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Edition, Last Excerpt: More Pulling Mechanics

Default Third Edition, Last Excerpt: More Pulling Mechanics

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This analysis is completely new, and provides an explanation for the commonly (at least by most observant people) observed phenomenon of the shoulder in front of the bar during a pull. I hope this showcases the way the new illustrations compliment the text, making this version of the material a big advancement over the 2nd edition.

The pre-sell is under way (weigh?), the softbacks are expected here tomorrow, and shipping on pre-sell orders will begin as soon as we can get them packaged and out the door -- maybe the end of this week.

http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...ng_mechanics_2
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 11-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This analysis is completely new, and provides an explanation for the commonly (at least by most observant people) observed phenomenon of the shoulder in front of the bar during a pull. I hope this showcases the way the new illustrations compliment the text, making this version of the material a big advancement over the 2nd edition.

The pre-sell is under way (weigh?), the softbacks are expected here tomorrow, and shipping on pre-sell orders will begin as soon as we can get them packaged and out the door -- maybe the end of this week.

http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...ng_mechanics_2
    Ordered my copy and am awaiting with anticipation. I was planing on giving my 2nd edition to a coworker of mine, a father with two pre-adolescent boys highly-involved in hockey and baseball but with all the updated to to the book I feel I'd be doing him a disservice. Looks like I may have to purchase a hardback for myself and donate the softback to him.

That figure on the linked page would make an excellent t-shirt, with some sort of smart-ass caption like "Teach the controversy".

Excellent explanation of the mechanics. I liked including the analysis from your physics friend.

This new book is looking like a real work of passion and brilliance! Very impressed with what I have seen thus far and really looking forward to my copy.
    Speaking of which- when can we start to order the hardback version? I understand it is available from some point in the first week of December, I'm guessing that means that orders will be taken from then? Just don't want to miss out on getting in an order ASAP (and no, unfortunately I can't afford the paperback AND hardback as much as I'd happily have both!).

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    Ordered my copy and am awaiting with anticipation. I was planing on giving my 2nd edition to a coworker of mine, a father with two pre-adolescent boys highly-involved in hockey and baseball but with all the updated to to the book I feel I'd be doing him a disservice. Looks like I may have to purchase a hardback for myself and donate the softback to him.
    I gave my 2nd edition away. It's still very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    This looking to be a be something of a common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    I gave my 2nd edition away. It's still very good stuff.
    Oh I'm not arguing that it is not. But I personally would feel slightly unethical knowing that there's is a newer heavily updated version that presents new material or old material in a new manner. I'll probably give it away though. I'm still holding onto my first edition of PPST for sentimental reasons.

Sent from my CM Android using Tapatalk

This book is the reason why I celebrate Christmas.

Do you have a concise definition of "efficient" as applied to lifting?

I do, in fact.

Default new edition looks great

starting strength coach development program
    Rip

This book is amazing, thank you for all the time and effort you put into this product; it is currently and will change the world!!!!Keep it up!

Grant

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast