starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exertion Headaches

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My girlfriend had ridiculously terrible migraines when she first began starting strength. She tried taking extra days off between workouts to no avail. Started eating more directly before/after lifting which seemed helped a bit. In the end going to a chiro who did work on her neck ended up making the problem go away to never come back. He told her that she had extremely tight traps which did something to her neck which created the headaches.

I've had a bad exertion headache only once, and it was the first day using a new, stiff belt. The holes were too far apart, so I erred on making the belt too tight, which made my head nearly explode. I loosened the belt on all my subsequent workouts and haven't had a headache that bad since. Moral of the story: make sure your belt fits correctly.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlocks View Post
    My girlfriend had ridiculously terrible migraines when she first began starting strength. She tried taking extra days off between workouts to no avail. Started eating more directly before/after lifting which seemed helped a bit. In the end going to a chiro who did work on her neck ended up making the problem go away to never come back. He told her that she had extremely tight traps which did something to her neck which created the headaches.
    Migraine headaches and exertion headaches are two completely different things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12