starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check Squat and Deadlift

Default Form Check Squat and Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In high School I was a state champion 400 meter sprinter. I was 6' tall and weighted between 180-185. Before I started lifting I weighed 195. I've been lifing for 3 years 3 months consistently. However, I started with dumb bodybuilding crap workouts but I put my heart and soul into it and i did squat and deadlift so I was seeing results. Squats were fairly deep, not deep enough, but far better than most in the YMCA I lift at. Discovered Mark Rippetoe 1.5 years ago and threw out all that bodybuilding shit and started squating my ass off. I was about 210-215 lbs when I started starting strength and now weight in at 252.5. Began powerlifting around the same time I came across mark rippetoe. I have my squat and deadlift videos from my meet on Dec. 3rd 2011. Also I am 26 years old.

This is my opening squat attempt at 210 kilos. I make my final attempt at 232.5which is a PR but video is crappy.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/matthwha.../1/H7cCst4ApSg

This is my third attempt deadlift at 245 kilos. It is a PR
    http://www.youtube.com/user/matthwha.../0/0jEZeZcU8FQ

I would like criticism so I can progress in my powerlifting career.

Squat: You need to look down, enough that your chin drops, your back angle adjusts accordingly, and your hip drive becomes more useful. Knees/toe angle need to be out more.

Deadlift: Low back is unlocked, bar is a little too forward. Note the slight back angle change as the pull starts. This pull felt forward on the way up, didn't it? That's because it was, and you need to start with and keep the whole pull closer to your mid-foot.

Tell the meet director that "powerlifting" is one word.