starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite blender concoctions

Default Favorite blender concoctions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    While training with Tommy Suggs at my university, he shared his experiences of milkshakes while training. I asked him what were in these milkshakes when he made them and this is what he said:

"I use about two cups of milk, a banana, a scoop of protein power, a heaping soup spoon of peanut butter, enough honey to sweeten to taste and four or five ice cubes."

Best damn protein smoothie. Period. I personally use chocolate whey I got from whole foods but I have tried with vanilla when I ran out of choc. it was still pretty good.

Also, when I was in Houston while working a buddy of mine was telling me his disdain for vegetables and I agreed. He turned me onto some kale, spinach and fruit concoction that I now make to get my dose of green.

1 banana, 1 apple, 3-4 large leaves of kale, hand full of spinach, avocado, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 cup of water and 5-6 ice cubes. Makes a lot and I drink it throughout the day.

Rip, do you have any personal favorites you recommend?

I use a blender drink as a meal replacement, and I'm not trying to gain weigh, so I like a diet orange soda, some frozen fruit, and and 50g of NOW unflavored whey.

Diet orange soda... I'll try that someday.

Avocado and banana makes for a damn fine shake, believe it or not. Probably best if you want to gain weight, though.

I like frozen fruit, protein powder, a banana, and milk.

Chocolate whey, milk, heaping spoon of peanut butter, banana, and some greek yogurt. Also ice of course.

I have never thought of adding a carbonated drink to my PWO shake. That just blew my mind.

It's seems all the smart people are throwing peanut butter in their milkshakes. I like mine with porridge oats as it thickens it, adds calories and carbs and is tastyyyy

The best I've had lately is:
    • Two scoops of ON Mocha Cappuccino whey
    • Two raw eggs
    • a spoonful of creamy natural peanut butter
    • a spoonful of milled flax
    • about 20 ounces of milk.

2 cups greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 2 servings of ON extreme milk chocolate whey powder, 1/2c of milk, and a little bit of honey

About 100g of protein, less that in carbs (~75g), and, depending on your greek yogurt, around 1000 calories.

starting strength coach development program
    My current fav: milk, vanilla whey powder, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and a small scoop of low-fat ice cream.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast