• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm 5' 10'' 175lb with fairly low BF %.

Current lifts:

Squat: 3x5x290
    Press: 3x5x155
    Bench: 3x5x220
    Dead lift: 1x5x355

When I did starting strength for about 6 months I didn't eat enough to gain good amount of weight. Around 3000cal a day with about 120gram in protein. My weight went up from 165 to 175 with no visible increase in fat. Now I wanna add a gallon of milk to my current diet but I'm not sure how to reset/change my current training. The lift numbers I mentioned above are all what I have stalled at so they are pretty damn hard and at the edge of major form break down. I doubt I can just add a gallon of milk and expect those numbers to go up the next day or two. Also I do get about 8.5 hours of sleep every night.

How do you think I should resume my training with this diet change?

Back off 10%, master your fear of bodyfat, add the milk -- all of it -- and start back up. There is plenty of room left to grow.

You got to those numbers on 3000 cal / 120 g protein in 6 months? That is rather impressive. You should be able to go quite a bit further if you increase those both appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Domjo54 View Post
    You got to those numbers on 3000 cal / 120 g protein in 6 months? That is rather impressive. You should be able to go quite a bit further if you increase those both appropriately.
    Well I wasn't new to barbell training when I started. Not sure if you could call it training but it was some half-ass 5x5 of the basic lifts with horrible technique that I did more than a year ago before introduction to starting strength. When I began the program minus the adequate nutrition I started my squat at 225 and got it to 295. Time to add the proper nutrition and start back up.