starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power cleans and rotator cuff

Default Power cleans and rotator cuff

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip, do power cleans pose any danger to a repaired rotator cuff? Have you performed power cleans post your surgeries? THX

I haven't done any since my surgery except to demonstrate a rack at a seminar. I don't think there would be a problem. I'd be careful immediately post-op, but if the repair was good the amount of external rotation in a clean is not something that would hurt the shoulder, e.g. I've never heard of a cuff injury from cleaning.

How come you dont do them and yet you insist that we do them.
    Why was Bill Starr so enamored with them apart from his history
    with olympic lifting.

THX Rip

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    with olympic lifting.
    I don't do them because I am 56 and not a competitor anymore. Bill and I are both enamored with them for you, because they work very well.

Since you're talking about it, could you name he top ten or five Rotator cuff killers given your experience as a powerlifter and as a coach?

with olympic lifting.
    Randy Carlyle coaches the Maple Leafs. He can't play hockey anymore. How could he possibly tell those hockey players what to do if he's not doing it anymore?

Thank you for the answer, excuse me because I'm drunk, I bought your book at age 44 or so as a insurance
    policy for my future. I'm now 47 and enjoy power cleans but due to the fact that I train by myself I tend to'
    overthink things and worry about stupid stuff. So I'm not sure if I shoud be doing them but when I look in
    the mirror I'm happy to see myself and this is very important to me. But based on your comments there
    seems to be a time line that expires with this dynamic excersie. Is this true.

Realize this is a threadjack but what would cause tendinitis on power cleans? Jerking the bar off the floor? I really try on focusing on a slight rotation to prevent bent arms.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AriSuper View Post
    Since you're talking about it, could you name he top ten or five Rotator cuff killers given your experience as a powerlifter and as a coach?
    Bench pressing wrong
    Ring dips/muscle ups at a normal male bodyweight
    Throwing
    Upright rows
    Swimming/volleyball/basketball played without training the press correctly

Thank you for the answer, excuse me because I'm drunk, I bought your book at age 44 or so as a insurance
    policy for my future. I'm now 47 and enjoy power cleans but due to the fact that I train by myself I tend to'
    overthink things and worry about stupid stuff. So I'm not sure if I shoud be doing them but when I look in
    the mirror I'm happy to see myself and this is very important to me. But based on your comments there
    seems to be a time line that expires with this dynamic excersie. Is this true.
    When you sober up, search the board. It's been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcclamic View Post
    Realize this is a threadjack but what would cause tendinitis on power cleans? Jerking the bar off the floor? I really try on focusing on a slight rotation to prevent bent arms.
    Tendinitis where?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast