starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury: SS replacement exercises

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As in muscle imbalances may have caused it, or I should focus more on pulling upper body exercises?

Do you have any recommendations for how I can incorporate some (preferably compound) exercises into SS that target the pecs, triceps, and anterior delts?

Thanks,

I think he would only have to cut the ROM slightly to do lying triceps extension.

Even tough there is a 99% chance you're not gonna allow this post, why doesn't he just do floor presses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEr39_Yz5-Y

Quote Originally Posted by strengthguy View Post
    As in muscle imbalances may have caused it, or I should focus more on pulling upper body exercises?

Do you have any recommendations for how I can incorporate some (preferably compound) exercises into SS that target the pecs, triceps, and anterior delts?

Thanks,
    Muscle "imbalances" would not be the problem if your elbow morphology is fucked up. Maybe an actual diagnosis is required.

Quote Originally Posted by AriSuper View Post
    Even tough there is a 99% chance you're not gonna allow this post, why doesn't he just do floor presses?
    Why doesn't he just figure out what's actually wrong with his elbows?

I'm pretty sure it's either ulnar nerve subluxation or snapping tricep syndrome. Based on quite a bit of research, the only real solution is surgery. Apparently the surgery is pretty unpleasant (and would have to be in both elbows..) with a long recovery time, and makes it a lot easier to mess up your elbow even more after just because of how they reposition everything. I play some sports as well which this elbow thing doesn't affect, so I'm really trying to find a way to work around this for now in the gym while I do some more conservative care for my elbows.

If you're pretty sure, then I'm just as sure as you are: do what doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by strengthguy View Post
    I don’t think press is doable just because of the large ROM.
    You've tried them, right? Sometimes, things don't happen the way you predict.

Also, I would periodically try things out to see whether the problem is still affecting you after you gain some weight. 135# is pretty damn skinny, and sometimes joints work better when you're not so damn skinny.

I know how to work the the muscles involved in bench press and press without pain - I can do flyes, tricep rows, cable crossovers, etc. I guess I'm asking how I can integrate these exercises into starting strength while hopefully keeping the general principle of the program.

You can't, Strengthguy.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    You've tried them, right? Sometimes, things don't happen the way you predict.

Also, I would periodically try things out to see whether the problem is still affecting you after you gain some weight. 135# is pretty damn skinny, and sometimes joints work better when you're not so damn skinny.
    Yeah, I have tried them. I was definitely thinking as well that weight gain could potentially help - but I have heard of other cases where this snapping tricep syndrome has been brought on by tricep hypertrophy - not in my case unfortunately

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast