starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arms?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
    We should meet so you can check out mine. My arms are incredibly scrawny and don't match my shoulders, back, ass, or legs. I hand a injury that limited my ability to do any pressing (that issue is fixed now and things are probably going to align better). I have tiny forearms (albeit long) but my grip isn't shitty.

I honestly enjoy it. I love watching some bicep/tricep maniac not being able to press even the measly amount I can muster, much less put up non-retarded squat and deadlift numbers. I had one dude tell me there would be no way I would be able to get my work set of DLs off the floor. Hopefully my rather inexperienced display made him realize that he probably could be using his time better in the gym.

Because of my arms dudes think I'm incredibly weak. I am quite weak, but these giant-armed dudes are generally more weak than me.
    I'd much rather have the scrawny arms than the scrawny legs and torso. I'm still skinny right now, too, and there is a sense of accomplishment to being more powerful than someone bigger than me.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    Why does everyone think they need permission just to do a few curls?
    Why does everyone think they need to do curls?

starting strength coach development program
    5'11 205, arms 13 inches relaxed 14.5ish flexed. Press 157.5x5x3, bench 245x5x3, 17 dead hang pullups. I think arm size has a lot to do with wingspan as well, if you have really long arms like I do they'll never be particularly big unless you're willing to herp-derp around with curls and tricep extensions on top of having a very strong bench/press.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123