starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knee wraps: previous recommendation is now unavailable.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if book sales slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
    Rip, half this board would buy Rippetoe knee wraps just because they have your name on them. Thats what you get for having a reputable brand name.
    Though I'd say I enjoy the fact that Rip doesn't sell this kind of thing, in some ways. Having a bunch of "Rip brand" merchandise would have sent up warning flags to me back when I first heard of Starting Strength. That's just me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
    Rip, half this board would buy Rippetoe knee wraps just because they have your name on them. Thats what you get for having a reputable brand name.
    I will only buy them if they say "YNDTP" on them, also waiting for the YNDTP shirt.

*snort*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Believe it or not, that already occurred to Old Rippy, and the gal refused to tell me who the textile supplier is.
    OK-OK-OK to paraphrase Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon. I've had my fun. But if you are seriously considering actually doing this, you could reverse engineer them the old fashioned way that the PRC and Rooskies would always try through open sources. The manufacturer may not talk, but maybe, just maybe some trade association like say something like the Textile Manufacturer's Association (or whatever) could put you hot on the trail of the folks who made the fabric for the wraps. While Harbinger might be vigilant with it's product OPSEC, it may be lax with respect to non-disclosure agreements with it's suppliers. If so, the whole riddle wrapped in an enigma could be bypassed with Harbinger by finding the source and dealing with them direct. This is an entirely legal form of competitive intelligence gathering and is commonly used by business and marketing people all the time. Just sayin'.

Rip, can you sell me some hundred fifty dollar capri pants and maybe a jacket too? They don't have to look nice. The goofier the better.

You fucking guys, I will never be in the textile business, the equipment business, the hamburger business, or the laundry business.

You fucking guys, I will never be in...the hamburger business
    Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Spar,

This video was crying out for "The Carlos Daniel Treatment." Think about that for the next one.
    You need to give me some time to practice my Brazilian accent and buy a pair of plaid boxers.

Oh, yeah, and some time to get my squat up to 500.

starting strength coach development program
    Sure. Send them along.
    3118 Buchanan Street Wichita Falls, TX 76308 ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast