starting strength gym

Thread: To Reiterate and Give Thanks

Default To Reiterate and Give Thanks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

Today I taught my 61yo father how to squat, press, and deadlift. I've done this with countless other (and older) clients so I'm not trying to say this is a special case, except to me for obvious reasons. The reason I'm posting this here is because the man has no menisci in either knee (hasn't had any for over 20 years), a good bit of kyphosis in his thoracic spine, has undergone two major surgeries on his wrist to repair severe degeneration in the CMC joint of digit 1, and numerous other past injuries that just happen to a man who doesn't lay around and take it easy their entire life.

Other trainers and coaches I tried to refer him to while I was 900 miles away told him he couldn't squat, pull, or press because he wast too tight/inflexible and was too beat up to train. Well, lo and behold we worked him up to a 100lb x 5 x 3 textbook squat, 85lb x 5 x 3 press, and 150lb x 5 x 1 pull. I just wanted to say two things:

Thanks for providing the resources you do so that we may teach others how to train properly and in an efficient manner. Unless you've been in this industry for a good bit of time, most underestimate how valuable this actually is. Secondly, I don't know why anyone able-bodied individual is waiting to start training. The time is now, RIGHT NOW.

-Jordan

Your dad has an excellent coach. That's the most important thing.