Quote Originally Posted by PDC View Post
Is anyone else seeing his left elbow higher than his right elbow in the 3rd work set?

I have the same type of pain OP - Rip might have already guessed your issue - although in my case I'm 19 and have had my form and bar position checked and it's ok. I think I may have the bar slightly lower on the left side though, and might have uneven shoulder flexibility - my left hand likes to drift out towards the plates about an inch by the end of the set. Coincedentally(or not at all), it is my left elbow/arm that hurts. Perhaps you are experiencing something similar, and might benefit from experimenting with your grip? Rip says in his book that if you have uneven shoulder flexibility, that an uneven grip will be necessary to have the bar set evenly on your back.
'Tis true that the right elbow is a bit lower; that is the surgically repaired shoulder so it probably has a bit less flexibility (I refuse to use "mobility"). However, it is still pretty damned flexible; it may be a case where my left shoulder is extraordinarily flexible, making the right one appear the laggard. In any event, something is pretty inflamed, so I'm going to give it a rest, see if it resolves itself, and then experiment with grip and work on preventing the knee drift Rip identified.