starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity

Default Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

My wife got me Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity for Christmas and I have really been enjoying reading it.

Thanks

Good.

You've answered a lot of questions here since MOMG was published. Some of them, from time to time, were even non-repetitive.

Ever thought of a sequel?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No.
    But what will happen to everyone's favorite private eye Dead Eye Rip? And will his love of the drink send him into a downward spiral?

I bought MOMG a while back. I've read it through a couple of times and consult specific sections frequently. To me it is worth the price just for the information it contains on training through and around injuries, rehabbing, etc. The best compliment I can pay it is to say I bought half a dozen copies and gave them to friends and family, including a family member that is studying to be a chiropractor and a friend that is a personal trainer. It won't cure cancer or double our talent pool for olympic lifters, but it's what I can do (without resorting to preaching, which I hate to do) to counter some of the "conventional wisdom" that has cost me progress and time in the past. I know I'm not the only one that has been told to "take it easy and let it heal," and I'm still mad about it.

I'm currently reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories." If I find it as good as everyone says it is, I might do the same thing-- buy copies and give them as gifts. BTW, that's how I was introduced to SS in the first place-- a friend bought copies for a bunch of us and gave them as Christmas presents a couple of years back. I gave my 2nd edition copy to a trainer at my gym and bought myself 3rd ed a few months ago. Like I said, it's what I can do.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crerus75 View Post
    I'm currently reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories." If I find it as good as everyone says it is, I might do the same thing-- buy copies and give them as gifts.
    Don't

Any particular reason why I shouldn't?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by crerus75 View Post
    Any particular reason why I shouldn't?
    Read it first, then decide.

It's pretty radical stuff that tends to polarize people regarding diet.

Taubes is fighting nearly a century of terrible science (which he thoroughly explains, but it's dry and not fit for sound bytes). Most people know what they think they know about nutrition from the same scientists that have been operating under faulty assumptions regarding cholesterols and fats for the last half century.

You'll see after you read it. It can cause strong reactions by people that are indoctrinated in erroneous dietary science.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast