starting strength gym
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Calf raises

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're right, shitfire.
    Cacafuego...shitfire. Took me a second and then I spit my damned beer out.

There is a road trip I've been wanting to take. From WF we go south on 281 to Marble Falls to eat at the Bluebonnet Cafe. Then we drive back to Austin, get a room, and go to one of the barbecue places that Texas Monthly always fawns over, there are 2 or 3 of them. Then, next morning we get up and drive down to Lockhart to eat at Blacks BBQ, then head home through Ft Worth and get Mexican at Joe T. Garcia's.
    I wouldn't know about rave reviews but I'd highly recommend Busbee's in Bandera. The second you open the door, you're greeted with the smell of meat smoked over oak for 14 hours. Damned fine stuff. Pretty good peach cobbler, too.

Might be less crowded too, Bandera is kinda on the way.

Ain't crawfishin' on my recommendation but caveat is that it's been three years since I've been out there. Place may have burned down, changed owners, etc. Used to go yearly every spring when heading back from backpacking in Lost Maples and going home to Houston.

While on the subject, when in Austin for a Rush concert I headed over to Stubbs for the first time. I had been buying their bbq sauce for years (love it) so I figured the restaurant must be better. Their brisket was downright weak. Plus, all the modern nouveau crap put me off. I prefer hole in the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Ain't crawfishin' on my recommendation but caveat is that it's been three years since I've been out there. Place may have burned down, changed owners, etc. Used to go yearly every spring when heading back from backpacking in Lost Maples and going home to Houston.

While on the subject, when in Austin for a Rush concert I headed over to Stubbs for the first time. I had been buying their bbq sauce for years (love it) so I figured the restaurant must be better. Their brisket was downright weak. Plus, all the modern nouveau crap put me off. I prefer hole in the walls.
    Busbee's is legit, but nothing special if you're planning on hitting the Lockhart joints on your tour. It is the perfect location for lunch before or after a Lost Maples or Hill Country State Natural Area trip.

And yeah, Stubbs is super overrated. Just like Rudy's and The Salt Lick.

There is a road trip I've been wanting to take. From WF we go south on 281 to Marble Falls to eat at the Bluebonnet Cafe. Then we drive back to Austin, get a room, and go to one of the barbecue places that Texas Monthly always fawns over, there are 2 or 3 of them. Then, next morning we get up and drive down to Lockhart to eat at Blacks BBQ, then head home through Ft Worth and get Mexican at Joe T. Garcia's.
    Let's do it next year. We'll ride out again.

Any specific benchmarks to work towards on the sledge hammers?

starting strength coach development program
    Don't go past 3 sets of a hundred reps with a 20-pounder. Tears up the elbows pretty bad.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213