starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Channel: the Podcast #2

Default Starting Strength Channel: the Podcast #2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...nnel_episode_2

I discuss the differences between Training and Exercise, and what this means about exercise science.

I'm listening. While not qualified to comment on the content, I have used your training program to get exercise, I use it to maintain and gain physical strength not so much for high load lifts but to protect myself from old age injuries and potential age related illnesses. That would be in my case the long term goal. I adapt what I learn from the training sessions and try to apply them for every day activities, while this may be not be the intended outcome you have outlined in the "Starting Strength" program, it is to me a spin off for a general healthy lifestyle as it forces me to stay active. This training hopefully will keep me from falling off the perch prematurely.

However that aside you have an easy listening voice, diction is clear, not like us poor Aussies who tend to mumble our way through a conversation.

I was at one time a Broadcast Professional.

Well that explains why your presentations are so good. Ever think of hanging off the end of a banjo?, I mean if you can speak well maybe you can put a tune together. Make an album called, ah I know, Mark Rippetoe's "Gym Jams". Seriously your good up front. Anyway thats enough pissing in your pocket.

In the podcast you mention the tired old topic of advantages of strength and how you might go into more detail on it in a future podcast. As someone coming over from cough Crossfit cough who is excited to finally be getting down to the business of building serious strength, I formally request that be your next podcast episode.

Thanks for the podcast, good stuff!

I've been enjoying these.
    Thanks for putting them together

I have nothing important to add , other than to throw in my thanks as well. I can't get enough of SS and barbell training and am looking forward to the next one.

I have one comment unrelated to the content: I noticed the sound levels were not as consistent and lower overall than the first podcast. Not sure if it was simply a distance-to-microphone issue or something else. Looking forward to the rest of them.

starting strength coach development program
    The Costilla County studios are equipped differently than than the studios in Texas.